Help with zucchini

crlt

Hi everybody!

I´m asking for help about the best way for zucchini noodles recipe. I made them two times last week on the microwave, about 2 minutes, but the results are not the best.

When I serve for eating them, they are plenty of water and the taste is not good. 

Can you help me? I´ve been reading through the topics and I can´t find a good way for cooking them. 

Thanks in advance.

Hugs from Spain.

• Moderators

If you're serving them with a sauce that is heated up, I'd heat the sauce and pour it over raw zoodles -- it should warm them up a bit, but not let them get soggy. This should work well for marinara or meat sauce, or even if you add the doodles to a soup, just heat the soup first then add the raw zucchini.

If you're doing something where you're not adding a sauce to them or something that will heat them up, you can try salting and draining them, like this recipe does:   http://meljoulwan.com/2011/08/18/comfort-noodles/  or you could try just quickly sauteeing them -- just enough to warm them up, you don't need to cook them much.

I hope one of these suggestions will work for you.

I always saute them in olive or coconut oil and add some salt and pepper. I've never had a problem with moisture at all when doing zucchini noodles this way and it only takes a few minutes. I have also been able to reheat them in the microwave the next day and the texture remains the same. When I wasn't doing the Whole30 I would put Pesto, but I haven't had a chance to make whole30 compliant pesto yet.  

17 hours ago, winegum89 said:

I always saute them in olive or coconut oil and add some salt and pepper. I've never had a problem with moisture at all when doing zucchini noodles this way and it only takes a few minutes. I have also been able to reheat them in the microwave the next day and the texture remains the same. When I wasn't doing the Whole30 I would put Pesto, but I haven't had a chance to make whole30 compliant pesto yet.  

I´ll try this way too. 

I won´t stop until I find the best way for my zucchini noodles!

Thank you so much

Archived