Peripheral Nerve Damage....I still hurt!

I was under the assumption that the Whole30 is anti~inflammatory and while the answer is well, Yes. No, Maybe, I am sad that I still hurt.

I do no nightshades, I drink raw apple cider vinegar in RO water to balance my pH, I give myself ionic foot baths to remove toxins and drink lemon water to cleanse my liver. I am easy going on the toxin removal, so that I don't experience the healing crisis which can occur. I make my own mayo per the instructions and make just about my own everything due to the added sugars and disgusting depopulation oils (soy and canola) in everything...even organic soups,broths and juices.

Full body massage and chiropractic adjustments ease the pain temporarily....after a bit, though, I have to walk in a very strange fashion to compensate for the pain. Someone asked me if I have MS. Nope, I fell while working as a caterer and nerve damage ensued from the trauma of the fall.  That fall BTW occurred almost 4 years ago....I completely lost my ability to walk for about a year, in gratitude I accept the challenges that walking has to offer. 

While on Whole30 for a month, I did lose 8 pounds...a steady slow weight loss is fine with me as I am 63 years old and fast weight loss brings on the* jiggles* for which I have no giggles!  Prior to the fall I was movin' and groovin'. I was bicycling, roller skating and power walking or sometimes just sauntering to clear my mind for up to 6 miles per day.

Out of frustration and disenchantment, I am off the Whole30 for a while, but am not off of making my own foods, juices and broths. I now allow myself red wine, blue corn chips, popcorn and beans. I still eat a big bowl of greens with EVOO and good white balsamic vinegar right before bed...and my BIG CHEAT will be Breyer's Ice Cream!

Thanks for listening!

<3isa

• Administrators

Hi @Lisa Moore - sorry to hear that you have this pain. Unfortunately it only "starts" with food, it's very unlikely that what you eat is going to help heal/reverse nerve damage. I wish it could for you. :( 

Did you do proper reintroductions before you are going off Whole30? Although you are still in pain and have to compensate, this is the best time to determine what actually makes the pain WORSE. Before you eat the corn chips and popcorn and legumes and ice cream, do a proper reintroduction so you can see if any of these foods have any additional negative effect.

Thank you, ladyshanny! I am now recognizing that life *stuff* will affect my pain levels...I do get stressed and the pain increases. I'll be back on Whole30, but like you say...99% :) will be just fine. I am much happier with a glass of Chianti and bowl of hot buttered popcorn for dinner. My favorite!

7 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

Hi @Lisa Moore - sorry to hear that you have this pain. Unfortunately it only "starts" with food, it's very unlikely that what you eat is going to help heal/reverse nerve damage. I wish it could for you. :( 

Did you do proper reintroductions before you are going off Whole30? Although you are still in pain and have to compensate, this is the best time to determine what actually makes the pain WORSE. Before you eat the corn chips and popcorn and legumes and ice cream, do a proper reintroduction so you can see if any of these foods have any additional negative effect.

I just saw this and can respond fully. I don't do legumes anyway. I realized about 30 some odd ears ago, that legumes are not my friend. What did INCREASE the pain was the *gourmet* mac n cheese, oooooops! I used a box mix with white cheddar and tossed in caramelized onions, celery, and carrots. Cheese has never been a problem, nor have the veges I tossed in, so it is the pasta! The box mixes were organic but not unbromated :( . I have unbromated spelt in my pantry, so if I decide to do pasta again, I will use that. I will also curtail (but not quit) my cheese use, because after all, I DID lose 8 pounds. 

I also will not do the nightshades and am not even tempted, since I KNOW what pain they bring. Ice cream will be a time to time thing as it is ice cream that stimulates the same neuro receptor sites as opiates.....just in case I need calming down. 

I will do my best to overcome the physical issues as they really cut into the quality of my life...my age does not matter to me. In my genetic line we just keep on moving. Not being able to move my body isn't an option! I will keep you posted!

Thank you again!

Lisa

Archived