Girls' Night Ideas

EmilyB456

Hi all!

I'm on the January Whole30 bandwagon, starting today. However, my girlfriends and I have a girls' night planned for this Saturday, which will only be Day 5 for me. Usually, we go out and drink wine and there is always a breadbasket and dessert involved.

However, this time, we're meeting at a girlfriend's house, and she is cooking. I don't want to be rude and refuse everything she's cooking, but I may have to...I think she'll be cool with it. She knows I do this for health reasons, and my body is SCREAMING for a Whole30 right now.

Anyway, I want to take some compliant noshes I can enjoy and can share with the other ladies. Any suggestions? Most of us are pretty adventurous eaters without food prejudices, so I'm up for anything!

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Emily

By "noshes" do you mean appetizer/finger type food? Deviled eggs! Make your own mayo and impress the hell out of your friends. Then, you can also have a veggie tray of carrots, celery, broccoli and olives, and some Sunshine sauce as a dip.

If the meal is more like a "meal" - chocolate chili from Well Fed!

Both recipes can be found here:

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/

Have fun and remember to bring a water/club soda that you can drink!

Thanks for all the ideas ladies!

Since my friend is the one who is supposedly cooking the meal (and actually told me I don't "have" to bring anything) I was thinking more appetizer-type things. I do love that chocolate chili (and basically every other recipe in Well Fed) but just finished eating the last of a double batch.

Love the deviled eggs (always keep my own mayo on hand) idea...I may do that, and possibly a veggie plate with some Southwestern Cumin Lime dressing. I think that's Melissa Joulwan's too, but it was on the site gatork linked to. If I get really wild, after I posted this I saw a recipe for some kind of savory, Paleo snack mix on theclothesmakethegirl.com. I don't *think* any of those things would be SWYPO since they certainly aren't things I'm making to give in to a craving, but it seems indulgent!

Try asparagus spears wrapped in prosciutto. I found compliant prosciutto at both TJs and Costco (ingredients -- pork and salt). If the asparagus are skinny, I cut the prosciutto into three long strips and wrap three asparagus in one of the strips. If the asparagus are fat, I wrap one asparagus to one of the strips.

I cook mine on parchment paper on 400 degrees for 10 minutes (you may need more time if the asparagus are thicker). I wouldn't salt the asparagus, the prosciutto is salty enough. As for oil, I very lightly oil the asparagus before wrapping them.

Have fun at your girls night out!

Archived