Help!!!!

Hey everyone. I am only on day 6 and I’m having an extremely hard time. I was fine right up until now, but I want chocolate so bad that it literally brings me to tears. I used to eat carbs and chocolate everyday, and I haven’t cheated once. I know I might sound pathetic, but I didn’t realize it would hit me this hard. Walking around the mall, and all the scents of food and candy just made me super upset. I’m trying very hard not to break. I also feel bloated and super tired. Anyone else experience this?

• Moderators

You're pretty on track, really -- check out the timeline and see if it doesn't sound a little familiar:  https://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Now, having said that, one thing we find people doing is not eating enough in general, or going too low carb. Be sure your meals meet the meal template (you can download it and other helpful things here:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/ ) -- this may be more food than you're used to, especially if you come from a background of dieting or restricting calories or fat or carbs. The meal template doesn't mention it, but most people find they feel best with about a fist-sized serving of some type of starchy vegetable each day. People who are very active, who are prone to depression or anxiety, or women who are nursing, pregnant, or in the week or so leading up to their period often find they need more, and if your activity level varies from day to day, that means how much food you need can change too. If you want any feedback on your meals, feel free to list a day or two of typical meals, including approximate portion sizes as they relate to the meal template, as well as any exercise and pre- or post-workout foods you have. Drink plenty of water and salt your food as well.

Also, be sure you get enough sleep each night. It may not seem that that could be related to food, but it really is. 

Archived