Should kids do Whole 30 with Mom & Dad?

EmjB

My husband & I have decided to start the Whole 30, mainly for healthy Lifestyle changes. I also battle Immunodeficiency, Autoimmune & a rare disorder called Mastocytosis. I truly believe this dietary change may help more, than some of the handful of rx pills & injections I take daily. (Yes, I will still take my doc ordered meds.)

My children also suffer from autoimmune conditions as well. Should the whole family try the Whole 30 as well? 10 yr old & 4 yr old. Thanks for any advice!

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, EmjB said:

My husband & I have decided to start the Whole 30, mainly for healthy Lifestyle changes. I also battle Immunodeficiency, Autoimmune & a rare disorder called Mastocytosis. I truly believe this dietary change may help more, than some of the handful of rx pills & injections I take daily. (Yes, I will still take my doc ordered meds.)

My children also suffer from autoimmune conditions as well. Should the whole family try the Whole 30 as well? 10 yr old & 4 yr old. Thanks for any advice!

There's no reason why a whole family couldnt do the Whole30.  There is an entire section of our forum devoted to doing the Whole30 with kids so take a look on there and see what you can find.  Some of the things that will stand out are that things like SWYPO and 'snacking' are permitted for children.

Archived