Round 3? - Let's try this again - Starting March 18

samalope

I was just thinking about how now is the perfect time to "stock up" on peanut butter eggs! I may buy one or two, but I'll probably put it in my freezer. While I do feel like I've had way fewer cravings, I don't know if I trust myself around candy yet. It's so much easier to just keep it out of sight, out of mind!

Haha! Yes, I bought ONE and not a bag because I have no sense of rationing sweets. The bag would be gone in under a week. I’m waiting until I finish my reintros as I want to see what happens with just real peanut butter before eating the processed sugary Reese’s egg. I’m not craving it now but I know I won’t be candy free forever.

I didn’t think I could be this excited my plain PB, but I prefer the taste to other nut butters and I think I’m sensitive to almond butter. Tomorrow is my PB day! :) (sorry to hijack your log samalope!)

Hey I will never discourage peanut butter egg talk in my log! Haha

Monday - Day 16 (already day 16??)

Breakfast - none. coffee

Lunch - big salad with dressing, 1.5 fist sized portion of leftover rotisserie chicken

Dinner - 3 eggs, sauteed broccoli and carrots, mayo on the side 

I have been sleeping in too much before work - I seriously get up 10 minutes before I have to leave. I sleep 8 hours but wake up tired, it is definitely because of stress/anxiety over house buying. I feel bad posting my log because I know I should be eating breakfast but it has been just so hard to get started in the morning.

Yesterday I got wonderful news, our offer was accepted for a house we wanted! :) However, that good feeling quickly turned into frustration because of issues with our pre-approval letter not having the information the seller needs. :(  So we could be out of our earnest money depending on house things go today.

After dinner I had really bad abdominal pain and cramps, I suspect it was too much broccoli which I tend to overdo. I ended up laying in the shower to try to feel better. Also because just being in the shower is relaxing after a long day like yesterday.

Again, I am so glad I am on Whole30 during this house buying process. I would be so eating my feelings right now without all this structure and rules in this plan.

4 hours ago, samalope said:

Again, I am so glad I am on Whole30 during this house buying process. I would be so eating my feelings right now without all this structure and rules in this plan.

I had the exact same thought today as I was walking out of my office (late, as usual). Someone brought in chocolates for Easter, and they're still sitting on the counter, and I remember thinking "If it was an option, I'd eat a handful of those." And I'd never noticed or thought that it was and option to NOT eat before... Crazy!

8 hours ago, samalope said:

I have been sleeping in too much before work - I seriously get up 10 minutes before I have to leave. I sleep 8 hours but wake up tired, it is definitely because of stress/anxiety over house buying. I feel bad posting my log because I know I should be eating breakfast but it has been just so hard to get started in the morning.

Congrats on house buying though! Huge accomplishment! 

As far as sleeping, can you go to bed any earlier? W30 has knocked me OUT. Days 20-30 I was nearly comatose by 9pm! I know I have sleep debt thanks to stress and being a bad sleeper. I think w30 helps your body reset. If you *can* rest more I say do it.

yasss on not eating your feelings! It is so empowering to recognize your feeling and also recognize you don’t have to eat to deal with it.

Day 17

Breakfast - none, coffee

Lunch - leftover rotisserie chicken and 2 servings of green beans, apple

After work snack - 3 baby link sausages to tie me over to dinner

Dinner - chicken strips (made with coconut flour and seasoning) and potato wedges - didn't eat much cause I was in a hurry

Late night snack - 3 baby link sausages, an apple and some raw baby carrots

I snacked more than usual yesterday but I felt good by the end of the night.

I am setting a goal to get up early tomorrow(Day 19) so I can have a proper breakfast. Going to go to bed early tonight. We will see how it goes.

Wednesday Day 18

Breakfast - none, coffee, see above

Lunch - leftover chicken strips. I meant to have potato wedges but grabbed the wrong container (which had non-complaint leftover easter ham in it :P) No veggies because of this.

Dinner - 5 baby link sausages, raw baby carrots and an apple.

Like I have said, I have been extremely tired lately. It has been hard focusing at work. Probably lack of breakfast or something.

Yesterday after I ate dinner, I fell asleep for 4 hours without waking up once. I ended up just going back to bed shortly after that. Ha! So I definitely went to bed early yesterday. I woke up early today (Day 19) and got my breakfast in. I also got up so early that I could take a long relaxing shower and just chill a bit while I listened to the news. I will have to start going to bed earlier because it is a lot better to start my day like this rather than in the rush.

Thursday Day 19

Breakfast - 4 baby sausage links and sauteed carrots

Lunch - 5 baby sausage links and leftover potato wedges

Dinner - https://iheartumami.com/sweet-and-sour-chicken/ <- This but instead of peppers I used a frozen stir fry bag for veggies (broccoli, carrots, pea pods, water chestnuts) I also didn't make the "Sweet and sour sauce" because I didn't have the dates. Well, let me correct that, I tried to make it without the dates - if you can imagine it wasn't exactly sweet enough lol. The stir fry was ok but not really my cup of tea. Not looking forward to the leftovers.

I didn't have any leftover at lunch so I used some baby sausage links as my protein and finally got to eat those leftover potato wedges.

ALSO I finally woke up early enough to take care of myself.

Friday Day 20 so far

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 3 sausage links and sauteed broccoli

Lunch - leftover sweet and sour chicken

Dinner - ???

I woke up early today (6:30 versus 7:20 this week) and got a nice long shower, took my time listening to the news, and got to cuddle the dog a bit before I left. Better than me running around with my head cut off in the morning trying to get out the door asap.

I may not post over the weekend so I thought I'd throw this on there for now.

This weekend went ok. I wasn't feeling great- down and tired, just stressed out :(  I didn't eat exactly to the meal template because I didn't have any appetite and ended up having only 2 meals Sat and Sunday.

Monday - Day 23

Breakfast: 3 eggs and green beans

Lunch: chopped salad with chicken and tessamae dressing

Dinner: spaghetti squash and meat sauce (so yummy) . So for whatever reason, this is only the 2nd times I've made spaghetti squash and it is SO much better this time than last. Last time the squash was pretty mushy and wet(still enjoyed it though), but this time it really did have the texture of al dente pasta! I love it even more now. I honestly could go without pasta with this replacement. It take just about the same amount of time to make, too, using my Instantpot.

We got some good news on the house we are trying to purchase and we are heading towards inspection and appraisal. I was feeling good yesterday evening with the news and got some chores done around the house.

Tuesday Day 24

Breakfast - none, slept in. coffee.

Lunch - chopped salad with chicken and tessamae dressing

Dinner - leftover spaghetti squash and meat sauce, apple

I have been feeling ok. I haven't had a bowel movement since Saturday but despite that I haven't been bloated or achey so I guess that is ok.

Day 25 Wednesday

Breakfast - 3 eggs, bacon, hashbrowns

Lunch - leftover spaghetti squash

Dinner - small burger, egg, bacon, hashbrowns

day 26 Thursday

Breakfast - leftover burger and hashbrowns

Lunch - all beef hotdog and green beans

Dinner - 3 eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and carrots

On 4/16/2018 at 2:03 PM, samalope said:

Today is Day 30! Tomorrow I am starting reintroductions.

I haven't kept up with my log the past few days but I will be keeping track of my reintros. :)

Congratulations! Since this is your third time, do you expect any surprises during reintroductions, or do you think you have a good handle on it? I feel like reintro is one area I'm not very prepared for...

16 hours ago, Roonster said:

Congratulations! Since this is your third time, do you expect any surprises during reintroductions, or do you think you have a good handle on it? I feel like reintro is one area I'm not very prepared for...

Unfortunately I have never gotten through reintroductions, so I don't have any idea! First round, I didn't realize how important reintroductions are and just didn't do them. 2nd round I wasn't able to complete.

I didn't plan very well for my legumes... I had 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter and a frozen dark chocolate covered banana (soy letchin and peanut oil). I really savored the banana - it was definitely a dessert.  I had some stomach cramps later in the evening but honestly it could have been the banana for all I know(had stomach cramps early in Whole30 but they went away after I nixed the banan). IDK I just didn't plan very well for legumes. Probably cause I am not very excited about them.

I hope to come back to legumes after 10 days and see how black beans and lentils effect me. I just need a recipe I am interested in first. I am thinking some Indian food would be good.

Today and tomorrow are back to Whole30 and then non-gluten grains. I will probably have some quinoa with lunch and rice with dinner and see how it goes. I will be planning better than I did for legumes.

Thinking about it... why did I eat that banana! I just was really excited to be "done" with whole30 and wanted to have something sweet. That kicked me in my butt! I have realized now that I really just can't have bananas. They upset my stomach so much... which is weird because they seem to innocent lol. I have the same reaction to fresh pineapple.

Tomorrow I will be having non-gluten grains.
For lunch I will have pre-prepared Minute Multi Grain Medley Rice, grilled chicken and some salad + dressing.
For dinner I will have canned corn as a side dish.

I am wondering if I should do more than 1 food item at a time... stick with rice OR corn. Not sure.

Also on day 41 (day after gluten-grains) I have a big Gala event with a lot of delicious foods. I am thinking about just going for it and enjoying the food (within Food Freedom guidelines which I am still reading through)

I think after the Gala I will return to Whole30 meal templates until I feel like I return to normal (hopefully just a few days) and then do some more experiments with the foods I am eating.

Add cantaloupe to the list of fruits I can't eat. Last night I had some with dinner and my stomach was a WRECK. I did a little Googling research and it sounds like it might even be an allergic reaction to ragweed pollen if both bananas and cantaloupe give you stomach issues. I love/hate Google...

Excited to eat some rice with lunch today! :) Hopefully it doesn't mess with my stomach too much

Friday I reintroduced rice/quinoa with lunch and dinner with no immediate issues. I did notice I felt more hungry than usual after dinner however.

Saturday was not a good example of Food Freedom. I ate "all of the food." I had 2 birthday parties in a row and ate well at the first one but by the 2nd one... well, there was ice cream cake. My greatest weakness. I ate 2 slices. But I also really enjoyed those 2 slices. But then I was like EH ITS A PARTY LETS HAVE SOME CHIPS AND QUESO TOO. By yesterday afternoon I had some nice new blemishes to show for it.

Anyhow. I am back on the Whole30 meal template for yesterday and today. Depending on how I feel tomorrow I am thinking about trying some dairy individually.

Is it ok to continue reintroductions after a cataclysmic event like Saturday where I ate "all the food"? I am gonna try

On 4/20/2018 at 9:22 AM, samalope said:

Add cantaloupe to the list of fruits I can't eat. Last night I had some with dinner and my stomach was a WRECK. I did a little Googling research and it sounds like it might even be an allergic reaction to ragweed pollen if both bananas and cantaloupe give you stomach issues. I love/hate Google...

Excited to eat some rice with lunch today! :) Hopefully it doesn't mess with my stomach too much

I have so many oral allergy symptoms with melons and stone fruit! I avoid it all unless it’s cooked (or unless I really want some watermelon). I’m allergic birch and ragweed, and with bananas it’s so severe that my throat starts to itch and constrict. Sorry, because it is sad to miss out on summer fruit! I feel your pain.

Archived