Whole30 during a catered work conference

beagreenberg

Hi everyone!

This is my second time around doing a Whole30, almost a year apart! I'm on Day 9 and feeling great! However, an annoying situation is arising...I'm freaking out because I'm going on a 3.5 day trip to NYC in a little over a week for a work conference. The conference will have breakfasts and lunches catered. I'll be in a hotel with no access to a stove. I'm also a young professional and the draw of having free breakfast and lunches for a few days is quite tempting even though I know they won't be compliant. Any advice on what to do? Has anyone ever asked their work to provide a per diem so they can eat outside a conference rather than partaking in the catering?

Thanks!!

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, beagreenberg said:

Hi everyone!

This is my second time around doing a Whole30, almost a year apart! I'm on Day 9 and feeling great! However, an annoying situation is arising...I'm freaking out because I'm going on a 3.5 day trip to NYC in a little over a week for a work conference. The conference will have breakfasts and lunches catered. I'll be in a hotel with no access to a stove. I'm also a young professional and the draw of having free breakfast and lunches for a few days is quite tempting even though I know they won't be compliant. Any advice on what to do? Has anyone ever asked their work to provide a per diem so they can eat outside a conference rather than partaking in the catering?

Thanks!!

Have you contacted the event organizers to ask what people with special dietary requirements might be able to do?  You can't be the only one that isn't going to be satisfied eating a scone for breakfast and a wrap for lunch.

I think finding out how accommodating they can be would be your first step and then you can make a plan like bringing your own protein to have on a salad or packing and bringing with you hardboiled eggs, veggies and dip etc... to eat in your hotel room - most hotels will have a small fridge if not the full kitchenette.

Archived