Canned coconut milk

FISHKID

• Administrators

Yep, so the solid is coconut cream, the liquid is coconut water and if you blend or mix them together you get coconut milk. :) 

You don't have to heat it though, just dump it all into a jar/bowl large enough and hit it with an immersion blender or throw it in an actual blender. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought some koko dairy free coconut milk with ingredients: water, coconut milk (7%), calcium, phosphate, emulsifier (sucrose ester of fatty acids), salt, vitamins, stabiliser (geltan gum) and colour (carotene). 

Now concerned about the emulsifier (sucrose ester of fatty acids).  Ok for whole30 or not?  It will keep, on day 24 so don't want to blow it! 

Moderator (all) views welcome.  Thanks

• Administrators

Sucrose ester of fatty acids is a derivative of sucrose so I'd say no, leave this until after your Whole30.

Edit: @Kay1691 - please don't post the exact same question across multiple threads. It's against the forum rules and just makes more work for the volunteer moderators. I've deleted your other post. Thanks! :) 

I find that the brand Aroy-D is my favourite. It doesn't have guar gum (or any other thickener). It doesn't separate or harden as much as other brands so I just give the can a good shake and its ready to use. 

Archived