Committing to start 4/1/18

Kurt Snodgrass

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Ginger smawls said:

i don’t eat beef so I’m worried about safe snacks, because always t of them are beef.

Ideally, you're not going to need snacks, because you're going to make your meals big enough that you go 4-5 hours between meals before you're hungry again. If you are hungry between meals, or have longer than average days and need more than three meals, we'd encourage you to think in terms of mini-meals -- a combo of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. So a hard boiled egg, some mayo, and some carrot sticks. Or some olives and leftover veggies. 

Hey JDeac,

i totally understand. Have you been prepping and planning? I bought Ghee and have been practicing recipes. Prepped dressings and my fridge has been cleaned out and labeled. I’m worried to eliminate any and all sugar. 

Not that I eat cookies and sweets, but I use honey in my tea and stevia in my coffee... first world problems.

anyway, we can do it together!!!

lets do this! 

15 hours ago, Ginger smawls said:

Hey JDeac,

i totally understand. Have you been prepping and planning? I bought Ghee and have been practicing recipes. Prepped dressings and my fridge has been cleaned out and labeled. I’m worried to eliminate any and all sugar. 

Not that I eat cookies and sweets, but I use honey in my tea and stevia in my coffee... first world problems.

anyway, we can do it together!!!

lets do this! 

Hi!

I also bought ghee and I am currently cleaning up my kitchen from all the protein bars and granola I have... It's the second day im trying to finish all non-whole30 stuff haha! I am also a bit worried about sweeteners - although I don't use sugar and I don't like cakes and other desserts, I am definitely addicted to stevia and xylitol with my morning coffee. I also eat yogurts every day. That is going to be a real challenge to eliminate them completely!

Agreed! Who knew stevia and honey “healthy sweetners” could be bad for you. Sigh. 

And I worry about breakfast too. Eggs and leftovers don’t sound delicious for a month. Non fat no sugar Greek yogurt with fruit should be ok, but alas No. 

I’m trying to look through other cookbooks that are whole30 compliant for breakfast ideas. I’ll send you ideas if I find a yummy recipe.

I’m planning on starting April 2nd. I don’t eat beef or pork and limit my eggs because of arthritis. I’ve done the WHOLE30 before and do remember not needing snacks. 

I’m still pondering what to do for breakfast. The planning is very important!

Best to you all.

T:)

Hey, all :) I'm planning on starting my first round on Monday, 04/02! Excited and scared... I just finished meal planning for one week, and I am really feeling overwhelmed already. I've never cooked this much in my life, and while I *enjoy* cooking, trying to do everything with an 8 month old and feeling tired every day... Sigh... Just feeling a bit defeated before I even begin!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Kiralyn D said:

Hey, all :) I'm planning on starting my first round on Monday, 04/02! Excited and scared... I just finished meal planning for one week, and I am really feeling overwhelmed already. I've never cooked this much in my life, and while I *enjoy* cooking, trying to do everything with an 8 month old and feeling tired every day... Sigh... Just feeling a bit defeated before I even begin!

It helps a lot when you do have time, to cook ahead. So, wash and chop vegetables for several meals, if they're things that will keep well already chopped in the fridge. If you're cooking chicken for one meal, throw some extra in so you have leftovers for another meal. Many people will hard boil a bunch of eggs, so there's an easy protein source in the fridge if you need to eat between meals or throw together something quickly. And remember that you don't have to use a bunch of recipes with fancy ingredients. Scrambled eggs, burger patties, grilled or baked chicken -- add those, a bunch of veggies, and a good amount of fat and you've got a meal. 

• Moderators
On March 26, 2018 at 1:03 PM, Ginger smawls said:

Agreed! Who knew stevia and honey “healthy sweetners” could be bad for you. Sigh. 

And I worry about breakfast too. Eggs and leftovers don’t sound delicious for a month. Non fat no sugar Greek yogurt with fruit should be ok, but alas No. 

I’m trying to look through other cookbooks that are whole30 compliant for breakfast ideas. I’ll send you ideas if I find a yummy recipe.

Don't forget, we're not saying honey is 'bad'.  In fact none of the foods that are excluded are 'bad' and none of the foods that are included are 'good'.  It's just a matter of how they affect YOU.  

I think you'll find that leftovers and eggs for breakfast become something you look forward to :)  It's definitely a different way of eating from greek yogurt and fruit but for the vast majority of people who complete the program, one of their biggest takeaways is how different they plan to keep their breakfast from what they were used to prior to the program.

Archived