deviin22

4/2/2018 Starting Whole30

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, bigmamabird said:

I made it through the weekend!

Lots of situations that I would use as excuses to "treat myself" with something unhealthy.  My husband and I went out for dinner and a movie for his birthday.  I chose ahead of time what I was going to order and I stuck to it, despite the sinful looking skillet sized cookie and ice cream dessert on the menu.  I got my first tattoo and didn't feel the need to celebrate with a tasty treat afterwards.  We were housebound today due to an ice storm which normal would be an excuse for comfort food, but I remained on plan.

Overall, it was a great weekend.  I finished my first 14 days, it's all count down from here!

This indeed WAS the weekend of temptations, eh????  But each victory...AHEM...NSV builds us u for the next and the next and the next...long after the 30...

This is such a journey of clarity for me this time.  There have been no 'whew!  as soon as I get to day 31, I'm falling face first into a box of donuts' thoughts.  NO food is worth ANY of my toes.  No going back...ever...now...

Well done, @bigmamabird!!  Hmmmm...didn't go blue...

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick check in (I should be working right now) -- just had to tell you all about my NSV this weekend.

I've been disappointed with my jeans that I just bought a couple months ago because they're stretched out and don't fit well already -- what a waste of money. So went to buy a replacement yesterday and realized that I've dropped a size! No wonder those pants didn't fit  :o

Also, can't get this smug look off my face, but I earned it!

Good Luck to all -- Eat Well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Amy Rose said:

Quick check in (I should be working right now) -- just had to tell you all about my NSV this weekend.

I've been disappointed with my jeans that I just bought a couple months ago because they're stretched out and don't fit well already -- what a waste of money. So went to buy a replacement yesterday and realized that I've dropped a size! No wonder those pants didn't fit  :o

Also, can't get this smug look off my face, but I earned it!

Good Luck to all -- Eat Well!

@Amy Rose great job! Love your smug face! Way to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, a quick check in. Although I am most silent on here, I have following the posts. Day 16 and going strong. Didn't see much difference in clothes but I was really really really happy that I don't have sugar craving anymore. I was able to say no to donuts, ice cream and chocolate this weekend. Having two kids at home make things more difficult but I have been pretty good of saying no to sugar. We can do this!!!

great job @Amy Rose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 16, woo-hoo!

Ok, so my new favorite Whole30 food --- plus spiralized zoodles --- is Cauliflower Rice! More specifically the Cauliflower "Fried" Rice (recipe) I made last night for today's breakfasts and lunches ---with eggs, chicken and lots of veg, obv.

Other than the awesome NSVs --- getting closer to slaying the fire-breathing sugar dragon, feeling great, and being healthy --- this is a highlight of my Whole30 so far, all the delicious new food I'm discovering and making from scratch. I love this. 

Hope all y'all have a great 3rd week too! Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deviin22 said:

Half way through! I am experiencing some serious food boredom. I am going to try to make something new this week and maybe buy some new spices. How’s everyone else doing? 

Not bored yet. I've been combining about 7-8 different proteins with about the same amount of veg and I try to mix it up with different combinations. Fats are more limited - not a coconut fan and I try not to have too many nuts - but so far it has been fun, not boring.

Then again, I am only on Day 13 so maybe I will feel differently in a few days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ale-maia said:

Hi everyone, a quick check in. Although I am most silent on here, I have following the posts. Day 16 and going strong. Didn't see much difference in clothes but I was really really really happy that I don't have sugar craving anymore. I was able to say no to donuts, ice cream and chocolate this weekend. Having two kids at home make things more difficult but I have been pretty good of saying no to sugar. We can do this!!!

great job @Amy Rose

Mm mm... we're DOOOOOING IT!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, suzannes said:

Day 16, woo-hoo!

Ok, so my new favorite Whole30 food --- plus spiralized zoodles --- is Cauliflower Rice! More specifically the Cauliflower "Fried" Rice (recipe) I made last night for today's breakfasts and lunches ---with eggs, chicken and lots of veg, obv.

Other than the awesome NSVs --- getting closer to slaying the fire-breathing sugar dragon, feeling great, and being healthy --- this is a highlight of my Whole30 so far, all the delicious new food I'm discovering and making from scratch. I love this. 

Hope all y'all have a great 3rd week too! Cheers. 

CAULIFLOWER RICE!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

yea...I like it a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great day, fellow Whole30’ers! Day 15 whoop whoop!! The potluck went over without a hitch. People scarfed down the brownies so none left to toss. A neighbor brought me some tea I love, organic, nothing artificial in it. Delicious. Another neighbor cut up banana slices and orange slices so I munched on those. I ate a big late breakfast just before going so I was full. If anyone questioned me I just told them that to keep it simple. Had fun enjoying the people and fellowship. A win-win.

Dinner was delicious tonight. Seasoned grilled chicken, grilled cauliflower, baby red potatoes. Small portions. A little organic peaches, papaya, pineapple, and strawberries for dessert. Lovely.

A friend surprised me and sent me an Instant Pot with Whole30 recipees. I’m certainly looking forward to learning the tricks of the trade and trying it out.

How was your day/evening! I’m MDT so I’m probably 2 hours behind some of you. Although I know we are blessed to have people from all over the country and world. Tell me about you!

Just crazy about this group! Sleep well! 

Be encouraged as you all so encourage me! xo Dianne

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoop whoop!!! Had no doubts!! We got snow last night. Nothing like NY, but I don't like ANY. just realized that I didn't use that as a reason to snack... even if with compliant foods. Wasn't hungry, didn't to think to soothe my sorrow with a crunchy apple or some almonds.

This is getting "gooder and gooder"! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, fellow Whole30’ers can’t discern any Tiger Blood in me on Day 16. I’m unusually tired and I admit it, this morning I’m craving sweets, well at least fruit (probably more accurate). I reread the Time Line and sure enough Tiger Blood was supposed to have kicked in at, oh, let’s say midnight last night, to be exact! I’m just not feelin’ it. I also read though that Tiger Blood was different for different people, largely depending on where your health and habits were prior to this journey.

i just feel tired, blah, and like I want something sweet right now (as I said though, fruit appeals the most, as I don’t want to feel as sick as I used to prior to Whole30.

Is that Tiger Blood for me? Less sick and craving fruit (which I’ve had some, but yikes, want more!) vs craving doughnuts? 

What are all of your thoughts and experience? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sending out lots of love! xo Dianne

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all. I'm back! I've been keeping it Whole30, but I've been slammed with work, so I haven't had time to follow this forum or keep posting. I've been eating compliantly (content wise) but have found that I'm still snacking and/or eating when I'm not hungry. Any tips out there in Apr 2 land on how to help break these habits?

In the past week I've identified a food with no brakes -- dates. I didn't think I had a sugar dragon before this, but I have been taking advantage of healthy sugars to give me a pick-me-up when I'm feeling tired, stressed or overwhelmed. Obviously, those are off the table for the rest of this whole30!

Sierra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still in it!! Having a lot of fun cooking. Working out in the mornings and cooking. I'm so slow but I'm enjoying the ride!

I'm going to go until May 15th because that is the end of my weight loss challenge here at work.

 

Whole30 is awesome, my eczema is clearing up!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Okay, fellow Whole30’ers can’t discern any Tiger Blood in me on Day 16. I’m unusually tired and I admit it, this morning I’m craving sweets, well at least fruit (probably more accurate). I reread the Time Line and sure enough Tiger Blood was supposed to have kicked in at, oh, let’s say midnight last night, to be exact! I’m just not feelin’ it. I also read though that Tiger Blood was different for different people, largely depending on where your health and habits were prior to this journey.

i just feel tired, blah, and like I want something sweet right now (as I said though, fruit appeals the most, as I don’t want to feel as sick as I used to prior to Whole30.

Is that Tiger Blood for me? Less sick and craving fruit (which I’ve had some, but yikes, want more!) vs craving doughnuts? 

What are all of your thoughts and experience? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sending out lots of love! xo Dianne

 

I know. Same. But I know I live the chronically stressful life scenario so...there it is. Counting the many NSV's and waiting for the other half to BRING IT!!!!

In addition, I traced my issues back to dehydration. I apparently didn't manage to get in as much H2O as I usually do, and actually, when dehydrated, we can confuse a cry for water for a sweet tooth.

@Hope4Overcomers, are ya drinking up? Just a thought. Taking another swig as soon as I hit submit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roonster said:

Hey all. I'm back! I've been keeping it Whole30, but I've been slammed with work, so I haven't had time to follow this forum or keep posting. I've been eating compliantly (content wise) but have found that I'm still snacking and/or eating when I'm not hungry. Any tips out there in Apr 2 land on how to help break these habits?

In the past week I've identified a food with no brakes -- dates. I didn't think I had a sugar dragon before this, but I have been taking advantage of healthy sugars to give me a pick-me-up when I'm feeling tired, stressed or overwhelmed. Obviously, those are off the table for the rest of this whole30!

Sierra

Yup. Threw away my dates last week. What did I do?

Had a talk with my mind and said mind??? What's the objective? Food freedom...stellar health. Since we are 'ugly bags of mostly water' (Star Trek episode) this is what's gonna happen. Want to put something in your mouth outside of a meal? DRINK WATER. Works...it REALLY works. After a day of bad attitude with every gulp, now it's just a part of the lineup.

Which is why, apparently, I feel like crap today. Wanted sugar and coffee mate in my coffee this morning.  Didn't get water in much yesterday...and my body alerted me that it noticed.

Much better already this afternoon...

Hope it helps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Okay, fellow Whole30’ers can’t discern any Tiger Blood in me on Day 16. I’m unusually tired and I admit it, this morning I’m craving sweets, well at least fruit (probably more accurate). I reread the Time Line and sure enough Tiger Blood was supposed to have kicked in at, oh, let’s say midnight last night, to be exact! I’m just not feelin’ it. I also read though that Tiger Blood was different for different people, largely depending on where your health and habits were prior to this journey.

i just feel tired, blah, and like I want something sweet right now (as I said though, fruit appeals the most, as I don’t want to feel as sick as I used to prior to Whole30.

Is that Tiger Blood for me? Less sick and craving fruit (which I’ve had some, but yikes, want more!) vs craving doughnuts? 

What are all of your thoughts and experience? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sending out lots of love! xo Dianne

 

@Let's Dooooo It!, I am a big time water drinker. Big time. So, nope, don’t think that’s it for this girl! -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Let's Dooooo It! Thanks for the water reminder! I'll make that a priority. I've mixed up dehydration with hunger signals before, so it's probably that.  I'm also focusing on getting enough sleep this week, since it's very logical for my brain to crave a quick sugar pick-me-up when I'm tired.

@Hope4Overcomers I'm not feeling any Tiger Blood either, and it's frustrating!  And I thought I'd be ahead of schedule, because I did two weeks of Whole30 before Easter as well. I went back and reread the books and the site, both of which say that Tiger Blood looks and feels different for everyone. I'm trying to count my NSVs and be grateful. For example, I used to wake up and limp around the house for a couple minutes until my feet got warmed up. It was a hold over from plantar fasciitis that I developed a couple years ago. I haven't had that problem in almost two weeks!

Tiger blood or not, happy Day 16!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now