4/2/2018 Starting Whole30

deviin22

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also like to start again on the 2nd.  I started one in January and only made it half way.  Went on trip and just didn't make it out on track.  Trying to focus on making it the whole month.  Glad to see others are doing the same thing.  Here's to successful month on and off the scale.  

5 hours ago, KatheTravis said:

I plan to start my first Whole30 on 4/2. Currently reading the book and preparing.

KatheTravis, so very glad to have you! I’m partially prepared but far from all. Busy week of reading and shopping to get there. We are going to make it though and do great!

I will be on board April 2nd.  I am reading book now.  I, like yourself, will need motivation, especially evenings.  We can do this!  Need to get the carb overload out of my life...plus alcohol...and no milk in my tea...yikes!

On 3/19/2018 at 9:23 AM, deviin22 said:

Hello, I am starting my 2nd round of whole30 on 4/2 (waiting until AFTER Easter). Just looking to see if there is anyone else that is starting around the same time. I loved my first whole30 so much and am looking forward to that Tiger Blood again! I think this will kickstart my healthy summer. I have some tricks that i learned during the first round (like always having approved snacks available, meal prepping every sunday, and I know what products to use now), but I'd like some accountability assistance! 

Hey there, Deviin22, Are you still joing us on 4/2 and going to be our fearless leader? Smile. Hope4Overcomers 

Book arrives this week, we are still planning on April 2. Someone who's been through it already mentioned to check out Mel Joulwan's blog and cookbook for some recipe ideas. Quick search took me to her website wellfed. I downloaded the two free pdf's under the cookbook tab to look into them a little further. 

• Moderators

Do you by chance mean @LizaQ? If not, if you know the person's forum name, put an @ symbol and then start typing the forum name, and a list should come up -- choose the right one -- this was the only Liza Q I saw, but I might've missed one. Hopefully they've got their notifications set up so that they see when they get tagged, and they'll be able to find you more easily.

Hi! I am also planning to start after Easter...though I may actually need to wait till 4/3 since I have family visiting for Easter this weekend and I may not feel planned/ready enough on Monday.

I borrowed the Whole30 book and the cookbook from a friend so I am bursting with info and ideas! I am a little concerned about the added - plated? - fats. I am not sure about making my own mayo as I don't own a food processor or blender. An immersion blender is in my price range - I just have to convince my husband! I think I can manage clarified butter. But I don't like olives at all, and I just tolerate coconut without sugar and avocado unless it is in guacamole. I can't imagine eating them that often :( Nuts and seeds are ok but I have been reading about not overdoing them. I am happy to cook with a lot of fat so we'll see how it goes!

Oh - I should introduce myself! I am 52 and have RA, regular arthritis, and just lots of pain and exhaustion. I gained a lot of weight last year, and I was already fat!!, and I finally decided to get a grip at the new year. I've lost 20 pounds on Weight Watchers since then, which is great....but I have no less pain etc. than I did before. So it is time to try something more specific for my symptoms, which also include high blood pressure, anemia, heartburn, brain fog, etc etc!! I am not going into this just to lose weight - I am really thinking about my overall health seriously.

Sounds good @LizaQ! I order some mayo that was Whole30 approved along with some other items but still have a lot of reading to do and supplies to get. My best friend sent me an Instant Pot and I picked up some Whoke30 recipees for it. I’m typically more of a vegetarian, by far, so I’ve accessed the Vegetarian Whole30 Shopping List. Have RA, Sjogrens, Fibro, etc, lots of pain and fatigue. It will be great to lose some weight but I’m health motivated. Gotta get ready by 4/2. Lots to read and do! I’m excited about it!

@Saoirse welcome, welcome, welcome!! So glad you are joining us! I really am! Are you totally ready or some things to accomplish yet? I’ve got some, reading, planning, and shopping to do, but I’ve also done quite a bit! You’ll be ahead of us all! The wise sage! Smile!

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Me too @Hope4Overcomers! We’ll keep each other pumped up, healing, and counting points! What day is your usual WW meeting on? Mine is Wednesday’s around noonish MST. Be encouraged!

Now that you've found your friend, would you like me to merge this thread with the other one you have going on?

On 3/22/2018 at 12:03 AM, Carmen66 said:

Hello, plan to start on 2nd April as well and this is my first W30.  Reading the Whole 30 book and getting my home and head ready and make the most of this “reset”.  I am 52 years old, going through menopause and have a number of issues: obesity, allergies and digestive as well as aches and pains.  Look forward to the forum support and learning from those that have done this before.  

13 hours ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Me too @Hope4Overcomers! We’ll keep each other pumped up, healing, and counting points! What day is your usual WW meeting on? Mine is Wednesday’s around noonish MST. Be encouraged!

I'm online only. And I don't think I will reference WW here too much - very different philosophies. I believe I can work well with both of them but this forum should be very Whole30 focused.

Archived