deviin22

4/2/2018 Starting Whole30

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Dave K said:

 (Breakfast: eggs and fruit) 

Don't let fruit push veggies off your plate.  Each meal should have a plate full of veggies - that's like 2-3 cups... fruit can be added to that but shouldn't replace that.  Don't forget fat too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Don't let fruit push veggies off your plate.  Each meal should have a plate full of veggies - that's like 2-3 cups... fruit can be added to that but shouldn't replace that.  Don't forget fat too :)

Thank you for the reminder @SugarcubeOD. I sometimes would include spinach and avocado, looks like I should try to incorporate daily. (also the approved bacon). I have to do a little research, but do you know if there is a preference over eggs vs egg whites? I did not check the egg white carton yet for the ingredient list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Thank you for the reminder @SugarcubeOD. I sometimes would include spinach and avocado, looks like I should try to incorporate daily. (also the approved bacon). I have to do a little research, but do you know if there is a preference over eggs vs egg whites? I did not check the egg white carton yet for the ingredient list. 

Follow up... did some research... egg whites in the carton are NOT approved, processed. Eat REAL food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2018 at 8:17 PM, Hope4Overcomers said:

I’m a newbie too, Dave. So glad you are joining us! We’re forming a small Whole30 army to surround and support each other! Welcome aboard!

Me too please! Planning on starting on April 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dave K said:

Follow up... did some research... egg whites in the carton are NOT approved, processed. Eat REAL food.

Also, a whole egg is a complete food made in nature - the egg white and the egg yolk are symbiotic and are most nutritious when eaten together as a whole food :)  Good job doing the research tho! Love to see that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dave K said:

Thank you for the reminder @SugarcubeOD. I sometimes would include spinach and avocado, looks like I should try to incorporate daily. (also the approved bacon). I have to do a little research, but do you know if there is a preference over eggs vs egg whites? I did not check the egg white carton yet for the ingredient list. 

Yes, each meal should have protein, fat and veggies per the template (linked in my signature below).  When you use salad greens as your veggie, you need a truckload of them (think of what happens to fresh spinach when you steam it down... it nearly disappears).  Adding heartier veggies to salad greens is a good way to bump up your veggies and yes, definitely fat at every meal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2018 at 11:23 AM, deviin22 said:

Hello, I am starting my 2nd round of whole30 on 4/2 (waiting until AFTER Easter). Just looking to see if there is anyone else that is starting around the same time. I loved my first whole30 so much and am looking forward to that Tiger Blood again! I think this will kickstart my healthy summer. I have some tricks that i learned during the first round (like always having approved snacks available, meal prepping every sunday, and I know what products to use now), but I'd like some accountability assistance! 

Hi, I am going to start on April 1. This will be my first time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Yes, each meal should have protein, fat and veggies per the template (linked in my signature below).  When you use salad greens as your veggie, you need a truckload of them (think of what happens to fresh spinach when you steam it down... it nearly disappears).  Adding heartier veggies to salad greens is a good way to bump up your veggies and yes, definitely fat at every meal!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, AStack said:

Hi! I am also starting my very first Whole30 on April 2! I’m excited and nervous! I think I have all that I need for the first week, but if you have any advice I am all ears! Good luck and be well! 

 

I’m not quite all the way ready for my first week. You are ahead of me and I’m all ears (and eyes)! Be encouraged!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cjane said:

Hi, I am going to start on April 1. This will be my first time.

 

Hi @Cjane and I can’t tell if someone else is starting 4/1 that hasn’t been welcomed aboard yet? Anyhow, so glad you are with us and have a wealth of experience to share! Yayyyy!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Hi @Cjane and I can’t tell if someone else is starting 4/1 that hasn’t been welcomed aboard yet? Anyhow, so glad you are with us and have a wealth of experience to share! Yayyyy!!!!

 

3 minutes ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Hi @Cjane and I can’t tell if someone else is starting 4/1 that hasn’t been welcomed aboard yet? Anyhow, so glad you are with us and have a wealth of experience to share! Yayyyy!!!!

This is my first time. I have never done Whole30 before. I am also not sure how this forum works and who I am actually responding to. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cjane, if you want to direct it to someone in particular, you put the @ symbol and then their user name directly after. Lots of us are learning. Don’t get discouraged! It’s my first time doing Whole30 too, and I’m just like you, another participant. If you want to see someone’s profile, touch their picture/name. Be encouraged!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beginning on April 1st, yes it's Easter, but it won't be any easier on Monday. I'm focused on conquering my fire-breathing sugar dragon and improving some aggravating health issues. Just want to say thanks to all of you in advance for sharing your Whole30 experiences, struggles and support - I think I'm going to need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now