4/2/2018 Starting Whole30

deviin22

Wrapping up my first day in W30 and so far, so good! I'm glad I started off today, but it was interesting to pass up all -and I mean all- of the treats after Easter services at my church. Luckily, as promised in the W30 book, my protein/veg/fat post-workout and late lunch meals were totally satisfying, didn't feel hungry or deprived, which was a relief. One challenge so far: I spent all afternoon and evening prepping meals for the work week, which was fun, but very time consuming. Hopefully I'll get quicker and more efficient with my weekend meal prep as I go along.  Looking forward to hearing from all of you starting tomorrow -- good luck to all and cheers!  

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20.3.2018 at 7:48 PM, mirjam. said:

Hi, I‘m also starting after Easter, planning on April 4. I‘m new to the Whole 30 but have been experimenting with low carb (inspired by Gretchen Rubin and Why we get fat by Gary Taubes) for about a year.

Hi, I decided to move my start day up to match yours, a bit harder since I‘m travelling. I expect my biggest challenges to be cheese and putting food into my mouth while cooking for my family. 

Had this little guy as a good-bye ceremony yesterday.

Good luck to all on DAY 1

1F7DFCEB-EB84-4BB5-8A97-82CC63E44E70.jpeg

4 hours ago, suzannes said:

Wrapping up my first day in W30 and so far, so good! I'm glad I started off today, but it was interesting to pass up all -and I mean all- of the treats after Easter services at my church. Luckily, as promised in the W30 book, my protein/veg/fat post-workout and late lunch meals were totally satisfying, didn't feel hungry or deprived, which was a relief. One challenge so far: I spent all afternoon and evening prepping meals for the work week, which was fun, but very time consuming. Hopefully I'll get quicker and more efficient with my weekend meal prep as I go along.  Looking forward to hearing from all of you starting tomorrow -- good luck to all and cheers!  

Great job @suzannes! I admire your meal prepping and Day 1 victories! 

2 hours ago, mirjam. said:

Hi, I decided to move my start day up to match yours, a bit harder since I‘m travelling. I expect my biggest challenges to be cheese and putting food into my mouth while cooking for my family. 

Had this little guy as a good-bye ceremony yesterday.

Good luck to all on DAY 1

1F7DFCEB-EB84-4BB5-8A97-82CC63E44E70.jpeg

HI @mirjam.! So glad you moved your date up to match ours! Will keep you in my prayers for traveling! Yes, I said a very personal goodbye to a few little guys, too. Smile and shame on me! Be encouraged! We’re on this now. We’re doing it!

6 hours ago, KelK95 said:

Hi everyone! I am starting Whole30 tomorrow as well! I am happy that there is a group starting together. I am 31 y/o and this is my first Whole30. I have been planning on starting on 4/2 for the last 2 weeks. I have read so much about this and even though it feels difficult I am determined to stay positive! I meal prepped today and I think I am as ready as I'll ever be to start. Good luck to everybody tomorrow:)

Great job @KelK95 and welcome @Kiralyn D! Yes, we’re going to crush this thing! All of us together are succeeding and doing it! So glad you are both a part of it! Please, be encouraged!

Hi everyone! We’ve gotten to be such a large and strong Whole30 army I’m not even sure I’m posting in the right place! That’s okay, I’ll just jump in! I’ve been feeling a bit out of sorts because I’ve not been able to do the major food preping yet. Greatly admire the many of you that have. I get paid on the 3rd so that’s when I’ll do it. But I’ve really done more than I have been giving myself credit for. I have Whole30 books, eggs, compliant tuna and mayo, some veggies, and shrimp in the refrigerator. I have a couple of fresh organic apples plus some cherries, so really I’m good to go! I’ve ordered some things from Thrive, which is a great resource, and from the soup resource, whose name I may be forgetting, Zupa??? So I’m here in the wee hours of the morning feeling better because really I am quite ready to go! Did some undermining of myself and ate too much on Easter, which while I’ll pay for it with physical aches and pains, in my case, I’m doing something about it. Whole30 for the next 30 days and probably beyond!

This is an awesome group and I’m thankful for each and every one of you! A shout out to @SugarcubeOD for always  keeping us on the straight and narrow while at the same time encouraging us!

This is Day 1 and I am strong. We are strong! Let’s do this! Be very, very, encouraged one and all!

17 minutes ago, EJSmadhatter said:

@Roonster welcome. I so understand what happened and starting over in nothing new to me. It is fantastic that you are and not letting that slip last longer which I have done in the past. Very well done. 

Good going 

17 minutes ago, EJSmadhatter said:

@Roonster welcome. I so understand what happened and starting over in nothing new to me. It is fantastic that you are and not letting that slip last longer which I have done in the past. Very well done. 

Good going @EJSmadhatter and @Roonster! Great modeling for us in how to pick ourselves up and carry on! Great job!

I had my first meal on Whole30 this morning.  Two scrambled eggs and a banana. 

I went way overboard yesterday at Easter dinner, knowing that I was starting today.  WAY too much candy for my own good!  And my Mom made lasagna and I had several helpings of that.  My poor tummy is begging for a round of healthy, whole food!

Good luck everyone!  This is going to be a great month!

I am going to start tomorrow. I have a large test today and not completely done with the prep. Here is my ghee. The first time I made it it too me 3 times and 8 sticks of butter. Tip don’t think you can leave it to do something else. It goes south quickly and burns. Once you make it a few times  then try and do other things while making it but stay in the kitchen and close to the stove. Lol. 

22C2BE4E-F81E-45A9-B382-9653840DE68C.jpeg

Hi there,

I am also starting today and looking for an accountability buddy. Deviin22, if you're interested in checking in, I'm available. I just did 60 days on Dr. Hyman's 10-day Sugar Detox plan, which is pretty similar. I felt great, and then I decided to experiment with sugar and junk food again, and oy, that was a mistake. 

Starting today off right! I just had my kale, sweet potato and yellow squash sautee with poached eggs and salsa, and it tasted so good! 

I have my plan in place for today, and I'm looking forward to getting back to feeling great and not obsessed with food (especially sugar trash foods).

Barbara

On 3/20/2018 at 1:48 PM, mirjam. said:

Hi, I‘m also starting after Easter, planning on April 4. I‘m new to the Whole 30 but have been experimenting with low carb (inspired by Gretchen Rubin and Why we get fat by Gary Taubes) for about a year.

I will be starting on the 3rd.  Have done the low carb; semi to lean protein diets.  Did work, but too restricted.  Looking forward to seeing how this works.  Have many friends who have done it and really like it.  

1 hour ago, EJSmadhatter said:

I am going to start tomorrow. I have a large test today and not completely done with the prep. Here is my ghee. The first time I made it it too me 3 times and 8 sticks of butter. Tip don’t think you can leave it to do something else. It goes south quickly and burns. Once you make it a few times  then try and do other things while making it but stay in the kitchen and close to the stove. Lol. 

22C2BE4E-F81E-45A9-B382-9653840DE68C.jpeg

Thanks for showing us what it should look like.  Wasn't sure what ghee was at first.  Am a newbie and want to do things right.  Need all the encouragement I can get!

32 minutes ago, bubblesintx said:

I'm also starting April 2 for the first time.  Going to see if maybe specific food sensitivities are causing some health issues...and try to tame my sugar dragon :)!

@bubblesintx, I’m also looking to tame inflammation with health challenges and certainly tame, destroy, that nasty Sugar Dragon!! We can do this!!

15 minutes ago, IcanIwill30 said:

I will be starting on the 3rd.  Have done the low carb; semi to lean protein diets.  Did work, but too restricted.  Looking forward to seeing how this works.  Have many friends who have done it and really like it.  

@IcanIwill30, so glad you’ve had friends with great success! Very encouraging! Here’s to us!!

4 minutes ago, IcanIwill30 said:

Thanks for showing us what it should look like.  Wasn't sure what ghee was at first.  Am a newbie and want to do things right.  Need all the encouragement I can get!

My wife and I made it yesterday. Went slow and only did a few sticks. Most of the milk fat stayed on the bottom and used a spoon to take off the little on top  

For lack of cheese cloth we used coffee filters. I held it while she poured a little at a time. Switched out the filters for a new one a couple times, when it started to drip slower.  As the butter starts to cool you can press it a little to help force through the filter. Good Luck.  

11 minutes ago, IcanIwill30 said:

I’m a newbie too, @IcanIwill30! I had no idea what Ghee was! I went the easy route though and ordered it from Thrive! I’ve yet to find out what it taste like! I agree, we need all the encouragement we can get!

1 minute ago, Dave K said:

My wife and I made it yesterday. Went slow and only did a few sticks. Most of the milk fat stayed on the bottom and used a spoon to take off the little on top  

For lack of cheese cloth we used coffee filters. I held it while she poured a little at a time. Switched out the filters for a new one a couple times, when it started to drip slower.  As the butter starts to cool you can press it a little to help force through the filter. Good Luck.  

Good job @Dave K family team! I’m starting to learn lots of new tricks!

Archived