4/2/2018 Starting Whole30

deviin22

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Dave K said:

(Breakfast: eggs and fruit) 

Don't let fruit push veggies off your plate.  Each meal should have a plate full of veggies - that's like 2-3 cups... fruit can be added to that but shouldn't replace that.  Don't forget fat too :)

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Don't let fruit push veggies off your plate.  Each meal should have a plate full of veggies - that's like 2-3 cups... fruit can be added to that but shouldn't replace that.  Don't forget fat too :)

Thank you for the reminder @SugarcubeOD. I sometimes would include spinach and avocado, looks like I should try to incorporate daily. (also the approved bacon). I have to do a little research, but do you know if there is a preference over eggs vs egg whites? I did not check the egg white carton yet for the ingredient list. 

23 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Thank you for the reminder @SugarcubeOD. I sometimes would include spinach and avocado, looks like I should try to incorporate daily. (also the approved bacon). I have to do a little research, but do you know if there is a preference over eggs vs egg whites? I did not check the egg white carton yet for the ingredient list. 

Follow up... did some research... egg whites in the carton are NOT approved, processed. Eat REAL food.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Dave K said:

Follow up... did some research... egg whites in the carton are NOT approved, processed. Eat REAL food.

Also, a whole egg is a complete food made in nature - the egg white and the egg yolk are symbiotic and are most nutritious when eaten together as a whole food :)  Good job doing the research tho! Love to see that!

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Dave K said:

Yes, each meal should have protein, fat and veggies per the template (linked in my signature below).  When you use salad greens as your veggie, you need a truckload of them (think of what happens to fresh spinach when you steam it down... it nearly disappears).  Adding heartier veggies to salad greens is a good way to bump up your veggies and yes, definitely fat at every meal!

On 3/19/2018 at 11:23 AM, deviin22 said:

Hello, I am starting my 2nd round of whole30 on 4/2 (waiting until AFTER Easter). Just looking to see if there is anyone else that is starting around the same time. I loved my first whole30 so much and am looking forward to that Tiger Blood again! I think this will kickstart my healthy summer. I have some tricks that i learned during the first round (like always having approved snacks available, meal prepping every sunday, and I know what products to use now), but I'd like some accountability assistance! 

Hi, I am going to start on April 1. This will be my first time.

1 hour ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Yes, each meal should have protein, fat and veggies per the template (linked in my signature below).  When you use salad greens as your veggie, you need a truckload of them (think of what happens to fresh spinach when you steam it down... it nearly disappears).  Adding heartier veggies to salad greens is a good way to bump up your veggies and yes, definitely fat at every meal!

54 minutes ago, AStack said:

Hi! I am also starting my very first Whole30 on April 2! I’m excited and nervous! I think I have all that I need for the first week, but if you have any advice I am all ears! Good luck and be well! 

I’m not quite all the way ready for my first week. You are ahead of me and I’m all ears (and eyes)! Be encouraged!

3 minutes ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Hi @Cjane and I can’t tell if someone else is starting 4/1 that hasn’t been welcomed aboard yet? Anyhow, so glad you are with us and have a wealth of experience to share! Yayyyy!!!!

3 minutes ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Hi @Cjane and I can’t tell if someone else is starting 4/1 that hasn’t been welcomed aboard yet? Anyhow, so glad you are with us and have a wealth of experience to share! Yayyyy!!!!

This is my first time. I have never done Whole30 before. I am also not sure how this forum works and who I am actually responding to. 

@Cjane, if you want to direct it to someone in particular, you put the @ symbol and then their user name directly after. Lots of us are learning. Don’t get discouraged! It’s my first time doing Whole30 too, and I’m just like you, another participant. If you want to see someone’s profile, touch their picture/name. Be encouraged!

Beginning on April 1st, yes it's Easter, but it won't be any easier on Monday. I'm focused on conquering my fire-breathing sugar dragon and improving some aggravating health issues. Just want to say thanks to all of you in advance for sharing your Whole30 experiences, struggles and support - I think I'm going to need it.

Archived