An off-plan meal with compliant ingredients?

NalaPlus3

I was out of the house, and carefully packed a lunch and a dinner, to stay on plan.  For lunch, I made a large salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, etc.  Packed a quick homemade dressing, and planned on tossing a tin of tuna on top, to account for protein.

I left the tuna at home.  Fortunately, I had also packed almonds and macadamia nut, and a few sunflower seeds.  When I noticed, it was too late to do anything about it, so I ate the salad with dressing and nuts.  Lots more fat than the plan suggests, but it was satiating enough.

I ended up having meal 4 just before bed, with a good amount of protein and veg. Can I call the "lunch" a snack, dinner becomes meal-2 and before-bed is meal-3?

It wasn't optimal, no argument, and I don't plan on doing that again, but am I on day 8 today, or am I back to day 2?

Thanks

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, NalaPlus3 said:

I was out of the house, and carefully packed a lunch and a dinner, to stay on plan.  For lunch, I made a large salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, etc.  Packed a quick homemade dressing, and planned on tossing a tin of tuna on top, to account for protein.

I left the tuna at home.  Fortunately, I had also packed almonds and macadamia nut, and a few sunflower seeds.  When I noticed, it was too late to do anything about it, so I ate the salad with dressing and nuts.  Lots more fat than the plan suggests, but it was satiating enough.

I ended up having meal 4 just before bed, with a good amount of protein and veg. Can I call the "lunch" a snack, dinner becomes meal-2 and before-bed is meal-3?

It wasn't optimal, no argument, and I don't plan on doing that again, but am I on day 8 today, or am I back to day 2?

Thanks

As long as you haven't eaten anything that is non compliant, you don't have to start over.  And I wouldn't worry about going back in time and naming the meals... the day is over, you got through it best you can and now you're onto the next day.  You may be more hungry in a day following one where you underate a bit, so make sure if that's the case you eat a bit more but otherwise, carry on.

Archived