FIRST TIMER - Starting 4/9/18

HaleyK

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi HaleyK, 
I'm starting on Wednesday April 4, right after our Easter holiday and a month before a big party.  I'm just really curious about finding out what it is that drives my issues with digestion and general well-being, plus really dry skin. I've already made the switch away from wheat, most carbs, sugar, most dairy except cheese and I do feel better but not great. Time to find out!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing a second round, starting the 9th also.  First time went great and actually went over and went 40 days then had a visit at the VA hospital to check numbers and they were all great.  Went on a cruise and need to purge you might say.  Worst part for me is I'm not much of a vegetable eater but The items from Fresh Thyme help and having Chicken wings with buffalo sauce is always good.  I also learned to love Ghee Butter.

I am starting tomorrow, 4/9/18, also. I am most concerned about keeping sugar, baked goods, soy, and chick peas (garbanzos) off of my menu. I can do this. But I am glad to travel with others here in this forum for this first-timer. 

5 hours ago, TiggertooNYC said:

Is  it possible to  be on Kill All The Things (KATT) on day two? :-/.   I basically started yesterday but didn’t count it because I had  Applewood bacon which I didn’t realize had sugar even though  the label says 0g sugar 

Yes, I would say its possible.  In the book she talked about everyone hitting the stages differently depending on the pre Whole 30 habits.  You got this, hang in there.  And I am with you, I was surprised bacon had sugar, we finally found a non sugar added one at Fresh Thyme, it was marked at Paleo Bacon.  It was expensive for so few.  It will be a rare item on our menu!

1 hour ago, Dockris said:

How is everyone doing so far on day one!?

A bit hungry, but other than that good! I have tried two of the recipes from The Whole30 book and both were great. Spinach Frittata and No-Fuss Salmon Cakes (although next time I would grease the pan a bit more... they aren't pretty!)

I know the cravings will start after dinner when I would normally reach for something sweet...

Archived