FIRST TIMER - Starting 4/9/18

HaleyK

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Marilia said:

I am deciding when start, cause I got a flu. I’m from Brazil and sorry in advance for any orthographic mistake. Does anyone knows it’s ok start sick?

I wouldn't do that. Why add more pressure and headache on top of what you have.

37 minutes ago, Incandescent said:

I had crazy crazy dreams last night, then woke up with sore muscles. I think its the detoxification.

I remember having a crazy dream, but no idea what it was. 

Day 3 and i am going strong!  I eat an avocodo a day and plenty of veggies, roasted and raw.   Today I went to lunch with a bunch of friends and ordered Ceaser salad with seared tuna on top.  I told the waitress to hold the cheese and croutons and put the dressing on the side. I felt so good leaving the restaurant knowing I was Whole30 compliant :)

23 hours ago, Dockris said:

I had a bad headache by the time I went to bed.  And I have been quite grumpy.  Today, I am just tired.  Was up most of the night with some stomach pains.  We had broccoli for dinner and that never seems to settle well in my stomach.  Being so tired is not helping my crankiness.  I am trying to decide if I should take a half day off work for a mental health day... or if I need to save it for the next few days if/when I feel worse.  Just so tired, can't think.

We have also had stomach pains. They seem to occur when we are in bed trying to sleep. I have not slept well the past few evenings, so I’m not sure if I am feeling so tired because of that or because of the “hangover”. I am sure it is a combination of both. 

16 minutes ago, 30Rookie said:

We have also had stomach pains. They seem to occur when we are in bed trying to sleep. I have not slept well the past few evenings, so I’m not sure if I am feeling so tired because of that or because of the “hangover”. I am sure it is a combination of both. 

I think my main issue was we had broccoli.  For some reason I never handle that well.  I was doing great yesterday until after lunch (which was leftovers the night before which had broccoli in it) I was so full feeling I couldn't eat dinner.  I forced myself to eat a hard boiled egg and some olives, but I could barely drink any water the fullness was so intense.  We have another broccoli feel later this week, if I have the same issue, I think broccoli will be a No food for me.

And yes most of my stomach issues happen at night.  Try sleeping on your right side.  Also I think I read some where that carrots, peppermint, fennel, apple cider vinegar, and carraway seeds all help with digestion issues.

Day 4: Kill all the Things?

Anyone feeling it?  I am not so far, but I seem to be about 1/2 day behind the norms from the timelines, so we shall see this afternoon.  Feeling better after being so bloated and full feeling (from I believe more the broccoli not just the Whole30 in general).  Just soooo  soooo tired this morning.

Hi all,

I started on 4/9 too. It's my first Whole30 but I've done similar challenges in the past. Felt absolutely amazing yesterday and didn't get the "hangover" but woke up starving this a.m. I set some fitness goals to go along with the 30 days (as if Whole30 isn't enough!) so my biggest challenge is making sure I eat right after I workout. So far, I've waited a bit too long and I can see the effects. Hope everyone has a good day!

2 minutes ago, Dockris said:

Day 5, how is it going for everyone?

Its going okay. I've been feeling a little crappy in the morning, then fine during the day and then the cravings/headache/fatigue hit me in the evening. Hoping this phase passes soon!

Day 5! I woke up feeling a heaviness in my body. I definitely think I'm detoxifying. I've been thirsty all day, so drinking tons of water. I get really hungry in the afternoons, so it's been impossible for me not to snack (on veggies, hard boiled eggs, nuts, fruit).  Aside from the above complaints, I've been doing great. I feel good cognitively and emotionally. Everything is in bloom, getting my allergies going, but the great thing about being dairy free is that I'm not very congested at all, its just big sneezes and nose itches.

My allergies are going crazy too... which is not helping how I feel.  I can drink enough water and I am feeling pretty bloated from all of it.  Also, I slept like crap last night.  Pretty sure from the allergies.  Hoping it passes soon.

It’s Friday!! Is anyone dreading the weekend? Friday’s and Saturday’s used to be the only time I didn’t have to cook. Now I’m figuring out meals for two added days. No complaints here though. We are now on day 6 and our headaches are completely gone! Woo hoo! I have only had one day of feeling like I wanted to crawl back into bed, and that happened to be yesterday. Sadly, no crawling back into bed for me......I had a dentist appointment. Today I’ve been feeling pretty up beat and feel like I have developed a nice routine with our meals. My cravings are coming and going. Right now? All I want is just 1 milkdud. Lololol This to shall pass ;)

18 minutes ago, betts13 said:

Day 6! So far, so good. Went for a hike this a.m. and discovered I was really tired. Time for a little downtime. Hope everyone has a good day!

So funny you mention tired. I felt really amazing on Day 6 (yesterday for us), I thought I was so lucky in only having 1 day where I felt sleepy. Well that bit me in the butt big time! I slept in until 9 am today, which I NEVER do. I did not want to get out of bed. Since then, I’ve been fighting this sleepy feeling all day.....no energy.....maybe I should just take a nap -_-

7 hours ago, servangirl2000 said:

My hubby and I started the day after Easter (2018) April 2!  We are doing okay thus far.  Some belly issues, headaches, and my joints all acted up in the first week.  Hubby's blood sugar is down almost 100 points.  So, we are moving right along!

That is such awesome news about your husband! Congrats on making it past the first week ❤️ We are not too far behind you, as our first week will be under our belt tomorrow. Bring on week two :D

5 hours ago, Incandescent said:

Day 7!!! I finally got the good sleep last night and it was great. How's everyone feeling today?

Yay for sleep!! I had my first good night sleep last night also. So good, that I woke up with a stiff neck. Hahaha 

Its Day 8 for us. Hubby still has a slight headache, mine is completely gone. We both still feel kinda blah. Although better than we felt a few days ago. It can only get better from here, right?

Yay for making it through week 1. Feeling good except for still feeling somewhat bloated. Is anyone else feeling this as well?

No headaches since the first few days. Surprisingly we found the weekend harder than the weekdays. Did anyone else feel this way? The weekends are when we would normally eat out, snack more, eat pancakes, etc. 

9 hours ago, boyercs said:

Yay for making it through week 1. Feeling good except for still feeling somewhat bloated. Is anyone else feeling this as well?

No headaches since the first few days. Surprisingly we found the weekend harder than the weekdays. Did anyone else feel this way? The weekends are when we would normally eat out, snack more, eat pancakes, etc. 

Yes, I’m feeling bloated! I hope this goes away soon. Lol Sounds like our weekends were spent doing the same things. This past weekend was definitely hard for us. We got through it, but it was difficult. My husband and I were just discussing how today is the first day we have felt like we need all things sugar. We are not hungry......we just want a cookie....maybe just a lick of a cookie. :lol:

On 4/13/2018 at 6:49 PM, 30Rookie said:

It’s Friday!! Is anyone dreading the weekend? Friday’s and Saturday’s used to be the only time I didn’t have to cook. Now I’m figuring out meals for two added days. No complaints here though. We are now on day 6 and our headaches are completely gone! Woo hoo! I have only had one day of feeling like I wanted to crawl back into bed, and that happened to be yesterday. Sadly, no crawling back into bed for me......I had a dentist appointment. Today I’ve been feeling pretty up beat and feel like I have developed a nice routine with our meals. My cravings are coming and going. Right now? All I want is just 1 milkdud. Lololol This to shall pass ;)

Saturday was a tough day for us since we are used to not cooking and usually eating out on Saturdays.  But we made it

1 hour ago, Dockris said:

Saturday was a tough day for us since we are used to not cooking and usually eating out on Saturdays.  But we made it

Saturday is especially hard for me. I'm Jewish and since it's Shabbat I need to drink a cup of Wine and eat a Small piece of Matzo. I know technically I broke the Whole30 and need to start over. But that means I will never get to do it, religion is before everything. 

The hard part is not the cravings after breaking the diet. It's reminding and pushing myself to be fully compliant even though I ate something that's not allowed. 

Btw, I was this week at a function where they served a 5 star meal, and of course I couldn't eat anything there. I sat there and drank my glass of water. It felt so good to get home afterwards knowing I didn't cheat. 

Archived