FIRST TIMER - Starting 4/9/18

HaleyK

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Incandescent said:

I've done Whole30 twice before, with great results, so this is the third round for me in 2 years. Unfortunately, I have found that after a while, the deliberate tasting of delicious foods just once in a while turns into "whenever I want". Don't get me wrong, I know it's not in my best interest to be eating pizza regularly (even if its gluten free). However, when faced with hunger 3 or more times a day, making the right choice each time has been enormously difficult. So, for me, adding one day on which I can eat any food, is appealing. Then, I can't make a choice to indulge 6 days out of the 7. It will be an experiment of course. I'm not sure how it will go. My hope is that, say I eat a sandwich on cheat day and some ice cream (I don't plan to eat all noncompliant foods, just a couple things), within a couple days of eating clean after that day, my body will be back to it's optimum self. I wouldn't advocate for anyone else trying my experiment, but I am sharing what I think MIGHT work for me. 

We really encourage people to make their own plan and this plan sounds like it might work for you.  I hope tho that you've done robust reintroductions so that you know whether the ice cream or pizza is going to be problematic... I say this because if it IS problematic and you choose to eat it anyway because it's worth it, you might find yourself in a routine that goes like this... Eat food on the weekend that might not be the best for your context... spend 3-4 days feeling kinda crappy from it... feel better for a couple days and then repeat... it makes it so that you're only really feeling very good for a couple days a week... that's not what we want for you.  So make sure that before you indulge in your 'cheat' that it's something that isn't going to have lasting impacts.

Also, it's not cheating... its you making a decision to eat a food that you think is worth it.  Cheating makes it sound like you're accountable to others and not yourself and if you're making the decision to eat something that you feel is worth it, then you didn't cheat, you made a decision.  Cheating is so... punitive sounding... just my two cents.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, HaleyK said:

Day 30! How is everyone feeling? What type of re-introduction is everyone planning to do? I'm a little nervous about what happens next, tbh! Anyone else?

We started our reintroduction today! We are doing the whole shabang and reintroducing everything in the steps given. Today was legumes. I have to admit that I am not a big peanut butter eater. But the peanut butter today was simply fantastic! Lolol Did I like it more than almond butter? I did and I’m not ashamed. Haha Although I will probably stick with almond butter.

• Moderators

Congrats on finishing everyone!!  

If you would like to stay together as a group to discuss reintros etc... that's great, all we ask is that someone make a thread on the 'After Whole30' section of the forum and post it back here and then everyone who finishes and wants to stay connected can migrate over there.  We do this so that newbies coming along don't wonder why you guys are allowed to eat peanut butter and ice cream (yum!) but they aren't ;) 

A hearty good job to you all!

Congratulations to everyone! I was sick for over 2 weeks during this whole 30, which was mega-disappointing. Even so, I had some very clear benefits. The biggest one for me is how steady my emotions are. Also, I feel happier. My boyfriend who isn't on the forum, but participated with me is feeling great too. 

11 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Congrats on finishing everyone!!  

If you would like to stay together as a group to discuss reintros etc... that's great, all we ask is that someone make a thread on the 'After Whole30' section of the forum and post it back here and then everyone who finishes and wants to stay connected can migrate over there.  We do this so that newbies coming along don't wonder why you guys are allowed to eat peanut butter and ice cream (yum!) but they aren't ;) 

A hearty good job to you all!

Thank you!! I didn’t even think about making a new thread.  So guess what I did? I started a new thread for those  who are starting the reintroduction phase. I’m not sure if this is the correct way to share it, but here goes:

I already have questions........of course ;)

Archived