Coconut Aminos?

Brian Williams

I've tried a couple recipes (meatloaf, meatballs) that called for Coconut Aminos, and have used them to rave reviews; they seem to take the place of numerous ingredients I've used in the past that are a no-no now: liquid smoke, ketchup (ugh), etc. They remind me of soy sauce without any of the nasty stuff. Tom, I'll definitely try them in stir-fries now, too!

• 1 month later...

No worries. I talked to the lady at Coconut Secret, and she said that they've re-packaged the product (thank goodness!) and that they should be hitting store shelves (Including Whole Foods) by the end of July.

They usually have a 2+ year shelf life.

Thanks Nina & Adagio!! Some of my FB primal friends said that their bottle goes bad quickly! I will pick up some tonight at Whole Foods, or just order online if they don't have any. :)

I don't know how long it lasts after it is opened. Mine doesn't stick around long...

My Whole Foods has a big empty spot where they are supposed to be stocked. The 'guy' told me that they haven't been able to stock them for 3 months.

Then on a podcast about coconut oil I heard that due to El Nino?? La Nina?? (one of those) ... coconuts are in short supply right now. I wonder if it's related.

I found them yesterday!! There is a really cheap little health food store in a bad area of town--they also sell weightlifting equipment. I went to just browse around yesterday, I thought they only had supplements & strange vitamins & hippie-grains. But I found the Coconut Secret brand!!!! I am so excited to try these out! :)

I found them yesterday!! There is a really cheap little health food store in a bad area of town--they also sell weightlifting equipment. I went to just browse around yesterday, I thought they only had supplements & strange vitamins & hippie-grains. But I found the Coconut Secret brand!!!! I am so excited to try these out! :)

At WF yesterday they told me the aminos were out of stock because of a recall. Make sure they are OK to have before you use them! :)

Archived