What's your "too spicy!!!" solution?

Oh, right, banana. I try to forget about bananas during the whole30 because they are like candy, but yes, that would work. Sweet potatoes would also work; I should make sure I have some cooked ones on hand. I'm still getting used to homemade mayo, but I like the idea too. 

Thanks! 

I learned several years ago when I was taking east Indian cooking lessons that when I overspiced the dish (cutting the recipe in half but forgetting to cut the spices in half) that if I put it into the freezer when it was defrosted some of the heat would’ve dissipated. It happened just the other night when I made a Thai curry and got a little carried away. I put everything in the freezer in individual servings  and last night was able to enjoy one of the servings without needing some sort of a fire extinguisher for my mouth.

3 hours ago, Fernsk said:

[...] if I put it into the freezer when it was defrosted some of the heat would’ve dissipated.

It happened just the other night when I made a Thai curry and got a little carried away. I put everything in the freezer in individual servings  and last night was able to enjoy one of the servings without needing some sort of a fire extinguisher for my mouth.

Ah, that's interesting. For this post, I was particularly looking for, as you put it, a fire extinguisher for my mouth, but it's good to know.

Archived