Oops?

MichiganMomma

Hey guys, 

I'm on R1D4 and am liking it so far! I went out to dinner tonight, brought my own compliant dressing, special-ordered a cobb salad with no bacon, no cheese, no dressing. I checked that the grilled chicken was cooked with oil and not butter. It came out and looked great, but they had put won-ton croutons on top which were easy to pick off. As I was almost done with the salad, I ate half a won-ton crouton accidentally that was on the bottom. By the time I realized what I was chewing I had swallowed it! :) PLEASE tell me I don't have to start over! Thanks ! 

• Moderators

Generally, we ask that you read this article and decide for yourself how to proceed:  https://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

If the idea of restarting is just not something you want to consider right now, keep going for now, and around day 30, re-evaluate how you feel and see if you might be okay with adding another 4 days at that point to get the whole 30 days. Often people feel good enough at that point that a few more days doesn't seem so bad.

Thank you for your help. I’ve read the article you suggested, and I’m just wondering how muh half a small wonton crouton could actually set me back ... it doesn’t mention anything ab 1 bite vs a whole meal or snack. I feel like this article is referencing major set backs/whole meals. 

• Moderators

You're an adult, and get to decide for yourself. 

However, I'd point out this paragraph from that article: 

You may think one beer or one piece of pizza won’t really make a difference, but if you’re sensitive to these foods, you require only a tiny amount to break the Whole30 “reset”—to disrupt the gut, fire up the immune system, and potentially trigger the symptoms of your condition. Think about it like an allergy—if you’re truly allergic to peanuts or shellfish, how much does it take to provoke that allergic response? Just one tiny peanut or one bite of shrimp matters. And while we’re not just talking about allergies here, the principles are the same—the point of elimination is full elimination.

If you want my opinion, either start over, or do what I mentioned before and keep going til you're closer to the end of 30 days and then decide if you're okay with adding a few more days on. No one can say whether that one tiny crouton was a major problem for you, because we don't know if you have a sensitivity to wheat or anything else that might have been in it. 

Archived