Starting on March 22! Need Accountability Buddies!

Tsarin30

Just stumbled upon the book and decided to go crazy by following the rules for 30 days. Starting on 22nd of March. I do have an aesthetic objective, I won't lie, but mostly it is about health. I have been feeling bloated for months, my skin quality got worse and my energy levels are really low. The explanation for that is very simple - I got first a salt addiction and then a sugar addiction - after a breakup. Now, I really need to get rid of it and start to take care of myself. Thats why I am here and that's why I'm looking for buddies! Its so much easier together!! Anyone wants to join? 

I just started today and would be interested in holding each other (and whoever else joins) mutually accountable.  I've got a pretty good salt addiction too, so I know exactly where you're coming from!  Last night I had white bread, chips, and diet soda and felt horrible the rest of the night.  Couldn't sleep and when I finally did I tossed and turned all night.  

Today I ate clean and feel much better.  Sauna tonight!  I'd really like to see what it feels like to go without junk food for a whole month and am looking forward to the challenge.

Benefits I'm hoping to see:  clarity of mind, having my knee feel better (mild arthritis), lose a few pounds, and lower cholesterol and triglycerides.  

Hi Bod! Thank you for your post! It feels so good to be understood! Have exactly the same sleeping issues after eating junk food - terrible night followed by a not so good day.

Sauna is awesome! Sweat all the toxins out!! Will try to get there by the end of the week. Congrats on your first day!!

Did you do meal prep?

We keep enough good food in the house that I really didn't have to do meal prep.  I told my wife what I'm doing and she's supportive, so that's a big help.  I'm gonna try and convince her to get on board tonight as she has a major diet Coke habit.  My big thing is coffee, which I drink black, so I'm good there.  And now that we can eat potatoes as part of the challenge I can't think of a reason to fail.  Winning!  

Let's hope the enthusiasm keeps up through the weekend.  :-)

Did you do any meal prep?  My big weakness is saying "No!" if someone asks me if I want something tasty.  I'm currently writing out my Whole30 If/Then plan.  I think it's going to be helpful.

Great that you have support from your wife! Very true, black coffee and potatoes make it easier! I have prepared some meals for tomorrow, I already had some food in the house. I only have loads of yoghourts that I just bought.. but well its a little price to pay for health. 

Saying "no" to something that is in front of you is definitely the hardest. I go out every day this week(end) to restaurants or bars. But, I already have a plan for each of the events, starting tomorrow night. For instance, I know which salad I can order in which restaurant. Hope I won't give in.. 

I'm actually pretty sure that I won't give in (feeling determined (for you as well!))!

I really hope that you get your wife on board, its sooo much easier together!

I am starting tomorrow  23rd March! but will be shopping and eating clean today and preparing for tomorrow!  I am a newbie as well and really DETERMINED to challenge myself over the next 30 days.

Looking forward to hearing from others starting over the week.

Hey Bob! Congrats on the first day and thanks for asking! Its almost the end of my first day. Feeling a bit dizzy. Will go out tonight and will stick to water and juice. If I understand well, chewing gums and sugar free candy are off limits ? :( Apart from that, the first day was pretty easy for me cause I was very busy, not thinking much about food. Hope to feel soon as fresh as you, Bob!

@Bob Augustine Did you get your wife on board?

Yeah, chewing gums and all that stuff is out.  My day has been busy so far as well, so haven't had time to think much about food.  The wife isn't ready to commit at this time, but is very supportive of me, so that's a help. 

My big test is on the weekends.  That's when I typically like to watch a movie and eat some popcorn and drink a few beers.  Once I get through that Monday's are my "strict days" meaning I'm back on the program.  Now I'm going to stick with it through the weekend.  I suspect the first one will be touch, but after that they'll get easier.

Hey Bob! Day 3 is soon over for you! And about the pizza - you can have it in 27 days (if you still want to)! Time flys by! For my part, it’s the end of my second day, I got through, but im really tired and have a bad headache. Not sure if it’s related to the food changes.  I’m going to bed now. Hope to feel better tomorrow.. 

ps: thank you for your support. It really helps me.

I got home and my family was eating pizza!  Haha!  Oh man.  I had hamburger patties (farm fresh beef) and a potato cut up and roasted in the oven.  It was good!  

You might be getting a touch of the "carb flu", which means you feel like shit for a few days before you start to feel better.  I was doing Paleo a few months ago and went through the same thing.  It gets better and then you'll actually feel pretty good.  Clear headed and on an even keel.  Just wait and see!

If you're going way low on carbs try adding some salt to your food.  That will help.

First of all, thank you Bob, for the suggestions, I survived my third day quite well. Survived because I went to two restaurants and a bar in the evening and had no problems ordering Whole30 food / drinks. Secondly, I don't feel energized yet, but I hope it'll come soon!

How are you doing? How is the weekend going? What was your experience with Paleo? Why did you try it in the first place?

Archived