Day 1 Reintroduction

Goldie4

Today is my first day of reintroduction. I started by adding cannellini beans to my breakfast and hummus to my lunch. I’ve noticed a little gassiness but wonder, doesn’t everyone experience that with beans?  If it’s mild, is that normal or a reaction?  

• Moderators

There may be some people who don't react that way, I'm not sure. More important is, knowing that, you can decide whether or not it's worth it to you to have beans at different times. If you love chili with beans when it's cold and you're going to be snowed in for a few days, you may be fine with it. If you're going into a big presentation at work, or you're out on a hot date, or you're going to be stuck in a car or airplane for several hours with people you'd rather not subject to your gassiness, maybe it's not worth it. I guess the end goal would be to eat mindfully, knowing the ramifications of the choices you make and owning those choices. 

Here's a brief summary of why legumes are left out of Whole30:  http://whole9life.com/2012/09/the-legume-manifesto/ 

Archived