Dizziness

tjtalkin

I am at Day 28 and the last few days I have had multiple dizzy spells. The research tells me that I am not eating enough (I dont feel like I'm eating less, but I may be.) Have others experienced similar issues at the end of their journey?

David

• Moderators

This isn't normal, for sure. If you want feedback on your meals, you can list a day or two of typical meals, including approximate portion sizes and specific vegetables and we can take a look.

Other things to consider would be: are you salting your food? Drinking plenty of water? Or if you're on any medications, you might need to talk to a doctor to see if the dosage is still right for you.

Thanks. I feel my food intake has been pretty good and I only salt my food with sea salt, if it is called for in the recipe. I have struggled to keep up with water intake through the whole process, so I will focus on that. I really want to finish all 30 days tomorrow but last night was pretty rough.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, tjtalkin said:

Thanks. I feel my food intake has been pretty good and I only salt my food with sea salt, if it is called for in the recipe. I have struggled to keep up with water intake through the whole process, so I will focus on that. I really want to finish all 30 days tomorrow but last night was pretty rough.

The reason we suggest ensuring you salt what you're eating is that sodium is actually a necessary building block of our bodies and when we remove packaged and processed food, we remove the majority of the salt/sodium that we're accustomed to eating.  With that in mind, we recommend salting all your food to taste.

We're here to help figure out what is going on with the dizziness but like Shannon said above, you'll have to provide us more information.  You may feel that your intake is good but if you're dizzy and not doing well, it could be that you're actually not eating enough or your meals may be composed such that they can use some tweaking.  We're only able to help with this if you provide some detailed information.

Thanks. I have never been much of a salt user so the idea of using it to taste is completely foreign to me. I will try to add some in the next meal. I am focusing on drinking more water today as well.

For the past 3 days, I have had the following

Day 27: Breakfast - 3 homemade egg muffins with approved bacon and peppers, coffee; Lunch - grilled chicken with broccoli. Dinner - meatloaf, green beans, sweet potato

Day 28 - Breakfast - shredded chicken with Rao's marinara sauce, Lunch - 3 scrambled eggs, broccoli, sauteed peppers, fruit. Dinner - pork chops, cauliflower, sweet potato

Day 29 (today) -Breakfast - 3 homemade egg muffins, coffee. Lunch - shredded chicken with barbeque sauce, broccoli, peppers. 

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, tjtalkin said:

Thanks. I didnt add how the meals were prepared, but all of them were prepared with fats of some sort (oil, ghee, bacon fat).

You still would want to add a plated fat.  Cooking fat is divided among portions and often left in the pan so you're not really getting as much as you think you are usually.

Again, these are all just suggestions of things you can try to feel better.  If you add more fat for a few days and that resolves it then great.  If not, then try something else.  Same for salt etc... 

Archived