All legumes??

ShannonM68

Hello!!!  I finished my Whole30 March 16 and waited until yesterday to start reintroduction  as I had a nasty cold and wanted to be healthy before I started.  

I started with legumes in the form of pinto beans.  Argh.  After eating them I felt yucky (no other way to describe it) and this morning I woke up super groggy almost felt like I had a hangover and I am super snotty with lots of post nasal drip.  GROSS.  So clearly pinto beans are not a good food.

Does anyone know if it's likely all beans/legumes will affect me like this?  I would love to have hummus again.   

• Moderators

It's likely you'll have some kind of reaction to all legumes, but possibly not the same reactions, and then too, it may depend on serving sizes, so if you ate a big serving of beans with your meal, but would normally just a have small amount of hummus occasionally, it may not be as noticeable. The only way to know is to wait at least two days (more if it takes longer to get back to feeling good again) and then have hummus a few times throughout your day and see what happens.

Archived