Night shift healthcare worker, looking to form an 04/02/18 team!

RtBrad

Hi everyone. Was hoping to find some chronological teammates for my Whole30 adventure. I have a few unique obstacles to maneuver, mostly a radically changing time table for my meal times, and 3-4 day bulk meal preps. I work 13 hour overnight shifts in an ICU and sticking to only meals without snacking will prove difficult. Anybody else taking something similar on? My body also already struggles with the stress of changing from night owl to early bird on a weekly basis, this combined with a gluten/grain sensitivity, lactose intolerance and general IBS make my GI tract action packed with issues! 

Also on a side note, my 04/02 start is not offset due to Easter but by a difficult weekend work schedule. Starting the new lifestyle would be very hard in the midst of my stretch of work nights. But as I see on here, many are pushing 04/01 to 04/02 for Easter dinner, so I hope I can find some teammates. Lets struggle through this together and give us a place to rant/rave!  Good luck to all, “This too shall pass.” 

-Bradlee

56AE621A-A3B7-44A5-A922-1240EE9789BE.thumb.jpeg.cb7c5c3d0fe2d6363aaa7581e683fe7c.jpeg

Me and my Tot :)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RtBrad said:

Hi everyone. Was hoping to find some chronological teammates for my Whole30 adventure. I have a few unique obstacles to maneuver, mostly a radically changing time table for my meal times, and 3-4 day bulk meal preps. I work 13 hour overnight shifts in an ICU and sticking to only meals without snacking will prove difficult. Anybody else taking something similar on? My body also already struggles with the stress of changing from night owl to early bird on a weekly basis, this combined with a gluten/grain sensitivity, lactose intolerance and general IBS make my GI tract action packed with issues! 

Also on a side note, my 04/02 start is not offset due to Easter but by a difficult weekend work schedule. Starting the new lifestyle would be very hard in the midst of my stretch of work nights. But as I see on here, many are pushing 04/01 to 04/02 for Easter dinner, so I hope I can find some teammates. Lets struggle through this together and give us a place to rant/rave!  Good luck to all, “This too shall pass.” 

-Bradlee

56AE621A-A3B7-44A5-A922-1240EE9789BE.thumb.jpeg.cb7c5c3d0fe2d6363aaa7581e683fe7c.jpeg

Me and my Tot :)

Welcome!  Health care workers have it a bit rougher than the rest but it's actually been talkedf about here at length in the past. I cant link from this device but google 'whole30 nightshift' and other similar things and you should get articles and forum posts about people who've done Whole30 in your situation.  You may also be interested in Nom Nom Paleo who wrote a series of articles about nightshift - google that too ;)

Good luck!

Archived