Started today!

Jenny324

I started my first Whole30 today. For several months I have had trouble sleeping, feel listless all day, have a hard time getting motivated to do basic tasks, and am having more and more issues with nausea. A few friends recommended I try this to feel better.  I've been preparing for two weeks and am excited about tackling this.  I'm well into my first day and have a horrible headache and constant hunger, but I know this will pass and I will make it through to the other side.  Looking forward to getting creative in the kitchen and feeling better.

@ladyshanny - I had scrambled eggs, 2 slices of bacon and an orange for breakfast.  A salad of spinach, diced apple, green onion, and grilled chicken with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for lunch.  I had a handful of almonds and some carrot sticks as a snack.  Planning on roasted sweet potato and green beans with a lemon garlic chicken for dinner.  I feel like I've eaten a lot, but the hunger returns quickly.  

• Administrators

What was your typical intake like prior to Whole30?

Generally we recommend that if you are going to have eggs for protein, that you start with 3-4. The recommendation is as many as you can hold in your hand without dropping, 3-4 is a good start for most people. You could also add another protein source. Bacon would be considered a fat. The recommendation is also to have 2-3 cups of veggies at each meal and not sub fruit for the veggies. 

If you're eating salad, it needs to be huge. Like....mixing bowl huge. Just think how teeny spinach and greens cooks down to and that is basically what happens with salad. Add sturdier veggies or make that salad enormous. 

Archived