LizaQ's Log

LizaQ

Day 11 - S 4/14

B: 7:30 salad etc P:Chicken breast, 1 sausage patty V: Romaine, tomatoes, mini-peppers F: mayo, avocado oil. Also mustard and apple cider vinegar

L: 2:30 skillet meal P: sausage patties V: broccoli F: Avocado oil on top

D: 6:00 Chili P: Ground turkey V:peppers, onions, tomatoes in chili. raw carrots F: Guacamole Also pineapple

Busy day. Was out erranding/visiting from 10-2. I did take a one hour nap at around 3. Small poop in am. Itchy at night. One cyst already resolved itself. Drank only about 100 oz. Still at one caffeinated tea per day. Generally good mood everyday so far!

Also. I take an allergy pill every day - it's gluten free but has corn startch - but my ENT told me to take it year round - sinus and allergy issues. On Wednesday I thought - maybe I should only take it if I feel I need it? I did need to take it Wednesday night...but I haven't taken one for the next few days. I am carrying them in my bag in case I am out and it is a high pollen day but I am hoping to take less of them. Not just for the corn starch, but just to take less meds in general!

I also take omeprazole daily and I think I am going to drop that one next week and see. If the heartburn comes back I will take it again. But I bet that I will be fine...well, I'll have to see on chili night!

Oh - sleep. Becasue of the nap I didn't fall asleep till about 10:30 and I was restless/up to pee/ warm/cold...but again I went back to sleep each time. Better!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 12 Sun 4/15

B: 7:30 egg salad and veg P: eggs V: arugula, sweet potatoes, shallots F: mayo, av oil. Plus mustard

L: 1:30 chili P: Ground beef V: tomatoes, peppers, sweet potatoes F: nothing extra - I was at a friends for lunch. She knew I was on W30 and she made this so it's all I ate.

D: 6:30 Steaks P: Steak V: Green Beans F: no extra, but I cooked the veg in the steak pan drippings to get it all on my plate, so ghee and av oil. Then I thought it wasn't enough, so cashews.

Woke at around 6. Church in the morning and had a hot flash at the beginning of the service. Communion is a bit of gluten but I'm taking the grape juice not the wine so I'm not going too far off plan. Sort of. Lunch at a friends after church. It was a cold damp day and I was happy to snuggle under my blankets and watch a movie. Weird thing - I forgot to have my mid-morning tea aka only caffeine - and no headache, no nothing. I still slept fitfully but it's nice to know that I don't "need" it. I'm going to skip it again and see how I feel!

Symptoms were strange. I had abdominal cramping twice after church - like around 12 and then 1 - but it went away and no poop afterwards. Itch moderate. Normal tired. Less achy than I would have expected with the dampness. Went to bed early, like 9, probably asleep by 10. Up a few times, but not too long each time, though didn't go right back to sleep either. Woke at 6:30.

Day 13 - M 4/16

B: 8:30 Leftovers P: Sirloin steak V: sweet potatoes, arugula F: Guacamole, av oil

L: 12:00 Chili P: Ground Turkey V: tomatoes onions peppers in chili, asparagus F: av oil

D: 7:00 Chicken cacciatore P: Chicken Thighs V onions peppers, riced cauliflower F: forgot to add one!

Relaxing day at home. Felt tired and laid down a few times. Maybe it's that I need more sleep or maybe I miss the caffeine. 2 poops a few hours apart. Gassy in the evening - not too much. but more than lately. No real pain, only my right knee. Slept badly - fell asleep at around 10, up during the night a few times - once for a hot flash and I was awake for about 2 hours - the rest just bathroom trip or tossing and turning. I woke at around 7:30.

Day 14 - W 4/17

B: 8:30 Egg salad P: Protein V: Arugula, sauteed F: Mayo, av oil. also mustard

L: 12:00 Leftovers P: Steak V: asparagus F: Guacamole, av oil

D: 5:30 Chicken and veg P: Chicken breast V: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, shallots F: extra av oil drizzled on veg. Also pineapple

I went out to a friends last night so I ate dinner a little early and I was hungry when I got home at around 10...but I decided not to eat more. It was an after dinner thing so I only had tea at her house. Somehow it was a busy day and I didn't get all of my water in - probably only about 90 oz. I stopped by the store - we have a Fairway near us so I try to get there 1x per week - and found Garrett Paleo Bacon on sale - wootwoot!!

2 poops - very loose. Afterwards I felt much better - I had been more bloated than I realaized. Pretty itchy - can't wait till I can see the derm!! I'm breaking out a little on my face which makes me think my period may be coming. I haven't had it for about 60 days, which is what I am averaging these days. Of course, sometimes it is 96 days and sometimes it is 17 days - so frustrating. Can't wait till it is all over!!! My mood continues to be ok but I was tired enough to spend most of the morning lollygagging in bed, which then made me rush around the rest of the day.

Last night I went to bed at about 11, was up a few times to hit the bathroom, no hot flash but definitely some temp fluctuations, woke at 7. Still tired. Tai-Chi today!! I have a better food plan than last week - I hope it works!

Day 15 - W 4/18

Halfway!!!

B: 8:30 Skillet P: chicken sausage V: Brussels sprouts F: Av oil drizzled on top. Also strawberries

L1: 11:30 Leftovers P: Chicken V: potatoes/sweet potatoes/shallots F: Guacamole

L2: 3:30 leftovers P: Chicken sausage V: Br sprouts  F: Av oil on top

D: 7:00 Burgers P: Turkey burgers V: salad - spinach, carrots, tomatoes F: Mayo, salad dressing w/av oil. also mustard

Today I was out in the middle for the day for Tai Chi and shopping. Last week it was terrible - I didn't plan, felt sick, had a lara bar, never caught up, felt off all day. This time I planned and had 2 smaller meals during the day instead of skipping lunch and waiting too long to eat again and it worked very well. I was never hungry and felt fine all day. But - I never drink enough on days that I am out for several hours. Still need to figure that out.

Symptoms...pretty achy after walking/tai chiing for a few hours. Dinner was a drag - I was making burgers but everyone came home at different times so I was like a short order cook and I felt like I was just on my feet too much and still washing dishes at 9. By the time I went to bed I felt crappy. I slept horribly. Hot, cold, itchy, pain, worried. went to bed at around 10, up at 8, feel like I only got a few hours of sleep.

But I/ a few days off my omeprazole and I feel fine. Also ok without my allergy pill...but the weather has been so weird that the pollen may not really have kicked in yet? I'm keeping an eye on it. Also a little gassy in the evening. The salad? I didn't have any raw veg for Sun-Tues after I was super gassy on Sunday. Hard to tell and I hate to stop eating salads!

Day 16 - Th 4/19

B: 8:30 Leftovers P: turkey burgers V: asparagus F: Ghee

L: 12:30 Stuff P:chicken sausage V: cauliflower rice, spinach F: Olive oil on top

S: 4:30 2x hard boiled eggs

D: 9:00 P:Ground turkey V: none F: Guacamole. Also salsa

I was out from 4-9 last night. I didn't plan my meals that well - only protein for the snack and I was just too tired to care that I had no veg last night. I'm planning to be off raw veg for a bit and I was just not interested in cooking then. I had eaten all of my leftover veg. Making extra today!!

I had diarrhea again - I was hoping that was over. The only thing I can think of is I had a salad the day before after 3 days of no raw veg. So my plan is to stay off raw veg for a few more days and see how it goes.

Super itchy. Face cleared right up - maybe not my period coming. Who knows. Very tired yesterday after my night of no sleep. Last night - heartburn for the first time in months. But - I was having salsa at 9pm...not so smart! I really wished that I had not stopped my omeprazole...I am debating whether to start taking it again. I might need to eat late sometimes and obv my system is not ready to handle that on it's own yet. I was also freezing/hot last night so I was up a few times for that/itch/bathroom...but I went back to sleep each time and felt better this morning. Woke around 6:30 but got up at 7:30.

Day 17 - F 4/20

B: 8:30 Eggs P:Eggs, pork sausage V: Asparagus F:Ghee

L: 1:00 Stuff P: Bacon V:Broccoli F: Cashews

D: 6:00 OUT!! P:Salmon V:Broccoli, potatoes F: Just the cooking olive oil

A good day. Handled some dramatic other-people-arguing stuff (I'm on the board of our homeschool group) calmly. Worked with my son on a paper - very productive. I'm going to miss this when he graduates!! Haircut - awesome! Dinner out - super awesome!! No dishes - supreme leader of awesome!!!

But still so darned itchy. And more heartburn - going back on the omeprazole today. Well, it was worth a try. I think I will try again right before I start reintroduction. Maybe. My skin is, in general, no better. I've always thought that pimples, regular acne, and cystic acne were hormonal but I thought changing my diet radically might affect it as well. I went to sleep at about 9:30 but with the heartburn and a hot flash, I was up again by 11 and was up for a few hours till I got comfortable again. Hot/cold during the night but I got back to sleep each time. Awake at 6, dozed off again by 7, up around 8:30. I fell rested enough - better than exhausted!

Day 18 - S 4/21

B: 9:30 Stuff P: pork sausages V: String beans F: dressing, av oil, mayo. also mustard

L: skipped

D: 6:00 Chicken P:Chicken thighs V:sweet potatoes, shallots and onions, spinach F: lots of cooking fat and I poured the fat in the pan over my meal. There was really a lot lol! also strawberries and blueberries.

OK - skipping a meal was not good. We went to help some friends move and it took longer than I thought. I got home at 3:30 and I was too tired to eat so I took a nap. Then I got up and made dinner. And ate. A lot. Super-size servings...like 1.5 normal. I wasn't too full - I just felt good.

Busy day. No specific pain but yes - very tired from my activity. We could have stayed after the move and had pizza and beer so that was an NSV - my poor husband skipped the pizza too as he wanted to get me home. And I took an allergy pill - it was a cold but springy day and I felt the pollen everywhere.

Not too itchy. No bathroom anything - not good? Nothing since Thursday. I slept from 9-10:30, woke and was up till about 12, then slept till 6. Cold/hot but no hot flash. A lot of pain in my left leg.

Day 19 - Sun 4/22

B: 7:30 Eggs P:Eggs V:Green beans F:Av oil

L: 12:30 Leftovers P:Chicken Thighs V:Sweet potatoes, shallots, spinach F:Guacamole

D 4:00 #1: party V:Salad F:Cashews. also fruit

D 8:00 #2:home from party P:Eggs F:Ghee

Since I woke up with pain in my left leg I took an Aleve and I really was pain-free for the rest of the day. Still back on omeprezole and Zyrtec - and feeling great. No heartburn, no sniffles and sneezes. I'm looking forward to trying to drop them again...just not yet. Poop was half-normal.

Church, then a birthday party for my daughter and sister who share a birthday. I had no problem at all skipping the pizza and many desserts. I even ate the salad plain becasue I was pretty sure there was sugar in the balsamic vinegar...I could have brought my own dressing. But I didn't want to be that difficult guest, so I just made sure that I ate well before I went and I did bring cashews in my bag - easy to be discreet with a handful of nuts.

Medium itch. Jeans a bit looser. A friend told me that my skin looked good - she had seen me Saturday with no makeup and at church with makeup but she specifically said that she had noticed it Saturday. Part of that may have been the haircut - hard to tell. I think I look better but my hair really really looks better so how much is the W30?

I was pretty tired last night and went right to sleep at around 9:30. Pain-free night. Up about 11 for the bathroom, right back to sleep. Up at 4:30 with a hot flash and then I was awake for at least an hour. Sound asleep at 7:30 when my son came in to get me as we have a busy day!

Day 20 - M 4/23

B: 8:00 Leftovers P: Ground turkey V: Marinara sauce, asparagus F: av oil

L: 1:30 Chicken P: Chicken thighs, bacon V:sweet potatoes, white potatoes, shallot F: av oil

D: 5:00 Burgers P: ground beef V: arugula salad F: Guacamole

So - I burned my lunch veg  and had to pick out the least burnt potatoes to get enough to eat. I threw a bunch out - so sad!!

Relaxing day. 2x poops - pretty normal. Hoping the D and loose stools are over! No pain...but very very tired. Laid down twice during the day. Went out in the evening with my son (new student reception at the college he'll be attending in the fall) and just had water - no trouble passing up all the food. Jeans a little looser. Asleep by 9:30 - up a few times to pee/itch, but went back to sleep fairly quickly. Woke feeling ok at 7.

Forgot to update this morning!!

Day 21 - T 4/24

B: 8:00 Leftovers P: Chicken Thighs V: Asparagus F: Av oil

S: 11:30 Cashews

L: 1:00 Tuna Salad P:Canned tuna V: spinach, tomatoes F:Mayo. also mustard

D:  6:30 Leftovers P: Chicken thighs, shrimp V: None!! F: Mayo. also mustard

Weird day for hunger. I was going to add some veg to the nuts but I forgot - I just grabbed the nuts because I was really hungry. And at dinner there wasn't enough chicken for the whole family so I added some shrimp dipped in mayo...and then I was too full for a veg.

I'm trying to remember what kind of day it was. I remember being pretty tired and sitting around watching TV for a bit. I have one cyst that is just hanging around, a little painful. No aches or pain. I was in bed by 8:30 and asleep by 9:30 - why am I so tired? Up for a hot flash at 4:30 and then awake till 6ish (when my husband left for work) , slept till about7:30.

Day 22 - W 4/25

B: 8:30 Omelet P: Eggs V: Asparagus F: Only the ghee for cooking

L: 1:30 Burgers P: Turkey burgers V: Arugula sauteed F: Mayo. Also mustard

D: 6:30 Sausages P: Pork bangers V: potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, shallots F: Guacamole

Not enough fat. It's hard to fit in extra fat sometimes!

The day was ok. I was busy with some personal stuff and a little tired or achy but no pain. The weather was very grey and rainy, which probably does affect my joints. Still pretty itchy, still watching this particular cyst.  A few days ago I had a bad trich day that I forgot to mention. What other symptoms? One poop - hard and not so easy. A little too normal - I used to swing between constipated, hard, comfortable (normal), too easy, really loose, diarrhea and I could never pinpoint why. Wish I could pinpoint it now!!

Went right to sleep at 9:30, up around 11 to pee, back to sleep, up around 3 with a hot flash and then up for a few hours. Back to sleep at some point, awake around 7. It's been over 10 days since I had any caffeine so I'm pretty sure that's not what keeps me up. Sigh.

Day 23 - Th 4/26

B: 8:30 leftovers P: Sausages V: sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots F: Mayo. plus mustard. Pineapple

L: 1:00 sautee P: chicken apple sausage V: asparagus F: cashews

D: 6:00 Stuff P:Chicken breast V: marinara sauce, stirfry mix of kale, carrots, cabbage, a few other things F: Guacamole

A more normal poop. Super itchy. Cyst is big enough to be annoying - glad that I'm seeing the derm next week. Mood pretty good - I can't think of the last time I flipped out over something, but I also can't think of the last time something was really great. Just basic pleasant me! Pretty tired by bedtime but the wash does that - all the up and down to the laundry room. TV for a while than probably asleep by 10:00. Up 11:30 to pee and then a dreadful night - hot/cold/ uncomfortable/ thinking too much. Woke at 6 - can't think of why!

Day 24 - F 4/27

B: 8:30 Sausage saute P: Chicken apple sausages V: Arugula F: Caesar dressing, av oil. also pineapple

S: 2:00 RX bar - maple flavor

L: 3:30 Leftovers P: Chicken breast V: potatoes, sweet potatoes F: Guac

D: 7:00 Egg salad P: Eggs V: Green beans F: Mayo, av oil. also mustard

I had a dr appt so purposely ate breakfast a little late to tide me over, but I had a snack at 2 since IWas later than I expected.

Another poop - watery and soft but not quite diarrhea. I am wondering why I am still having these issues? I should look through this log and see if it is tied to a particular type of veg, or just raw veg or ???

Itchy. So tired - lack of sleep, lots of walking. I laid down from 5 to 6 and felt better. Pain for the first time in a while - my feet after being out. Sleep was weird again - asleep by 10, up at midnight, up till 2ish, then restless, awake a few times but went back to sleep each time. No hot flashes, only got up to pee once...why do I keep waking up?? Woke at 7:30.

Day 25 - 4/28 Sat

B: 10:30 leftovers P: Pork sausage V: Green beans F: salad dressing, guacamole

L:  1:30 Mel Chicken Hash P: Chicken thighs V: sweet potatoes, spinach F: nothing extra

D: 6:30 Chili P: Ground turkey V: red peppers - not that many and nothing extra F: Guacamole

Not enough veg at dinner of fat at lunch  - busy day and I didn't plan that well. I could have added another veg at dinner but I just couldn't face cleaning up another pan...I want to have less raw veg now so I'm not sure what to do!

Very watery poop - almost diarrhea. No pain etc. Still that cyst plus a few small new pimples on my face. A weird head achy pain that lasted like a minute and then was gone! Tired like usual. Sleep at around 10:30 , wide awake at 4, hot hot hot. then dozed off maybe 5:30ish, awake at 6:45 for church.

Day 26 - Sun 4/29

B: 7:30 Mel Hash P: Chicken V: Sweet potatoes F: No extra

L: 1:00 leftover chili P: Turkey V: tomatoes, peppers F: Guacamole

D: Steak P: Steak V: Broccoli, potatoes F: Ghee

Still not quite enough veg and fat. I will be working on it this week!

Poop in the morning - still pretty watery. I haven't had raw veg, nuts, or eggs since Friday. I will keep that up all week and see if there are any changes for the better by the end of the week. My Day 30 will be on Thursday and I'm considering waiting till Monday to start reintroducing stuff. I have a schedule ready but I'd like to see a few more normal poops before I do. If I need to try low-FODMAPs or cut out nightshades or something, should I do it before reintroduction...or after?? I need to check the forum and see if that has come up before.

The rest of the day - church was good, though I had a hot flash in the middle of singing. But I was so terribly tired in the afternoon I took a nap and really slept for over an hour. I thought that it would mean I wouldn't sleep well but my night was actually not bad. If I hadn't had the meniscus-related sharp pains, I would have slept better. But nothing else was a problem last night! I slept mostly from 10:30 to 6:30. I have been very worried about something but it stopped being a problem on Sunday morning...but this is a recurring situation. Lt's see how I sleep this week!

Other stuff - Cyst a little better and seeing the DR on Wednesday. Poops not settled. Pain and achiness definitely less on days that I am home but still an issue when I am out walking a lot. No Tiger Blood but I am less tired in general. Even on days after I have slept badly I don't need as many naps. Mood really is better.

Day 27 - M 4/30

B: 8:00 Leftover hash plus veg P: Chicken thighs V: Sweet potato, asparagus F: Av oil

L: 2:30 Skillet P: Chicken sausage V: Carrots, shallots, red peppers, arugula F: Guac

D: 6:30 Chicken marinara P: Chicken breast V: S=Green beans, marinara sauce G: Extra av oil

No poop today. Still cooking all veg and no nuts or eggs. Out all morning but waited to get home to eat a solid lunch. Tired enough to lie down for an hour before dinner, but no aches/pain. So annoyingly itchy. I looked up my rash and I am wondering if it is lichen planus, another auto-immune issue. Soon I;ll see the derm!!!

I went to bed at around 10, woke at 12 to pee, at 4 with a hot flash, up till 6ish, dozed and then really awake at 7.

Day 28 - T 5/1

B: 8:30 Leftover Hash and veg P:Chicken thighs, bacon V: Sweet potatoes, asparagus F: Av oil

L: 12:30 Leftovers - chili and chicken and veg P: Ground turkey, chicken breast V: Green beans, tomato, red peppers, marinara sauce F: Guacamole

Snack: 2:30 Bacon/asparagus/shallots/av oil

D: 6:30 Chicken and veg P: Chicken breast V: Brussels Sprouts, sweet potatoes F: Olive oil

Quiet day at home - lots of paperwork and phone calls and school stuff. I should have gone out - it was a beautiful day! But I had been out Monday and I needed to go out Wednesday. I am still in the habit of conserving my strength but I am wondering if I still need to???

I was unusually hungry so I had a snack - a good balanced one!

Cyst almost healed. One poop - perfectly normal - yay! Itchy but I slathered on the hydrocortisone cream which really helped. No aches and my knees had no pain at all! We had some problems with our cable and my husband was on the phone with them when I really wanted to stretch out and sleep. By 10 I was in pain and really needed to go to sleep but I am the sort who can't sleep till things are dark and quiet and I was tense which I think causes even more pain. I slept ok - up a few times but not for a few hours each time. Woke at about 6:15 - too tired to get up but didn't go back to sleep.

Day 29 - 5/2 Wednesday

B: 8:00 Leftovers P: Chicken breast V: Sweet potatoes, asparagus F: Guacamole, ghee

L:1:00 Meat sauce P: Ground beef V: Carrots, broccoli, marinara sauce F: Ghee

D: 7:30 Leftovers P: Chicken Breast V: sweet potatoes F: Guac

Finally saw the dermatologist! It is - excema. He told me don't worry about it, it just happens, don't change my diet trying to control it, etc., and we had just talked about my medications so he knew that I have RA. I didn't mention the W30 since it has not improved the excema at all. Anyway - he gave me a prescription cream which I'll pick up today. Then he told which soaps and moisturizer to use and some lifestyle advice - lukewarm showers, expect it to be affected by heating in the winter, etc. I will be reading up on excema next!

Had a fairly regular poop...and pretty gassy over the day. I went shopping after the dr and got home late and exhausted. I made myself eat dinner and drank lots of water. Bed by 10, up a few times, still having that weird pain in my left shin/calf. Actually I think it was the 3rd night I have had it again, but I forgot to post it here. Woke up about 6:45.

Today is Day 30 - woohoo!

Day 30 - THIRTY!!! Th 5/3

B: 8:30 leftovers P: Ground beef V: marinara, carrots F: olive oil - not enough

L: 12:00 Skillet P: Chicken sausage and bacon V: Asparagus, carrots, red peppers F: Olive oil

D: 6:00 Skillet P> Chicken thighs V: Sweet potatoes, spinach and arugula F: no extra

Not enough fat on my last day - I just didn't want to make the effort since I'm off mayo and guac for at least a few days.

Bathroom issues were bad - 3x poops within 6 hours, the 2nd 2 diarrhea. No cramping though and when it was over it was really over. It was laundry day and by en=vening I was dragging. I got the excema cream and used it at bedtime - OMG, the insomnia! I was wired but too tired to watch tv or read. Adrenaline. Steroids grrrr...even topically it affected me! I think I slept 4 hours. Woke at around 6:15 and too much on my mind to go back to sleep, though I did stay in bed till 7.

Next post will be about some AIP planning and I will still keep track of my food/symptoms/lifestyle issues

Day 31 Friday 5/4

B: 8ish leftovers P: Chicken thighs V: sweet potato and spinach and arugula F: Olive oil

L: 1:30 skillet P: Ground beef V: Green beans F: Olive oil - not much

D: 7:00 skillet P: Chicken sausage V: Arugula F: Olive oil - extra on top

It was my son's birthday - 18!! So it involved a lot of baking/cooking things that I neither tasted nor ate. Shepherd's Pie and Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce. I am given to understand that it was all delicious lol.

But prepping that plus my meals plus stuff I needed to do was a long long day after my night of little sleep. I laid down twice for about 30m each time. Couldn't sleep but it helped to get through the day. I was limping by 8ish and pretty achy. First time in a while, I think.

I decided to only use the steroid cream 1x daily for a few days but I still didn't sleep well. Knee pain and left leg pain. I am seeing my hematologist soon and I will show him this bruise I have on the back of my left calf that I've had for at least 2 years. Maybe I am having a blood clotting issue? I looked up the bruise + pain and it is worth looking into.

So. AIP. I have a short list of foods I can eat that I like that are W30, AIP and FOD-MAP. I need to look into: Omega-6 seafood. Organ meats. Fermented foods. All three of which are problematic for me.

Seafood at home is an issue. My highly-sensitive daughter with Celiac and EE has a mini-heart attack if I even make canned tuna when she's around. When she's out I can eat that more often and I can try canned salmon. But cooking fish is just not happening in my home - that smell lingers. My husband loves fish - in a restaurant. He wouldn't be able to handle the smell either.

Organ meat. My husband thinks they are gross and smell bad and I must say the very thought of most of them grosses me out. I used to tolerate liver and bacon the way my Mom made it but I can't order it in a restaurant unless I'm alone and I can't make it at home. The others seem so - horrible.

Ditto fermented food. I'll eat the occasional pickle, but pickled veg, especially sauerkraut - Yuck!! The thought of Kombucha or kimchi turns my stomach.

Obviously I am going to have to figure this out. I'm willing to try food that I think is gross, but I'm not ready to make my family suffer alongside me. Yet.

So I'm thinking to start small with supplements. Liver pills. Fish-oil. Apple cider vinegar.

Actually, my family has been very supportive of me, so long as they do not have to eat any of the weirder stuff I've made. They're all old enough to fend for themselves for 2 meals a day so I only have to have some kind of dinner for them every day. And yes - lots of people would say that my husband and 19yo daughter are adults and perfectly capable of making their own dinner. But I am home by choice - haven't worked in 27 years - and part of that deal is laundry done and dinner made!

Anyway. Continuing to research. Especially fats. I think I will just have to keep pouring oil/melting ghee over my food for a while...

I'm going to follow your journey because I need to decide my best eating plan and I'm so busy, work full time, etc. The information you are posting is very helpful! 

I just found out about Paleo AIP, and FODMAP. I'm really interested in FODMAP...

There is a so much to figure out! 

Hey @AtlantaJJ I hope I can be helpful!

I forgot to put some more Friday stuff. That original cyst is resolved - and now I have 2 more. I had a small poop yesterday. I did not sleep well - woke at 6ish after a very restless night. No hot flashes at least!!

The cysts and the sleeplessness can easily be hormone related. Actually, my digestive issues may also be hormone related. Supposedly, menopause affects everything! No period since February 15 so who knows what's going on in there. But I am frustrated at the thought that it may not be the foods so much as my body, if that makes sense.

I'm already missing tomatoes. And asparagus. Sigh. And I was invited to a Conco de Mayo party tonight. I will just eat at home and have....well, these friends usually have La Croix so I will eat before I go and then just have sparkling water. Another sigh.

Day 32 - S 5/5

B: 8:00 Skillet P: Ground beef V: green beans F: Ghee

L: 2:00 Leftovers P: Chicken Sausage V: Carrots, arugula F: Olive oil

D: 7:00 chicken P: Chicken Thighs

Last night I just slumped and at some plain chicken and nothing else. Keeping up with the template is hard sometimes.

I had a normal-ish poop in the morning. Had a very quiet day at home and was just tired enough to skip the party I was planning to go to but not so tired that I needed to take a nap of go to bed early. Only I don't think it was tiredness exactly. I just didn't have the energy to be social.

Did a bunch of research. Cutting out all those otherwise healthy foods without being sure to add the fermented/organ/etc food I need doesn't sound that great. SO. I need to get going on this!

And I would really like to add back in things like breath mints!

I slept okish. Woke several times but went back to sleep fairly quickly. But leg pain again...I am not taking ibuprofen for it because it's on the list of "to avoid" for AIP. But if it helps me sleep? Just not sure!

So busy today!

I'm not sure if I'm going to continue being so detailed with my food - maybe it's overkill?

B: 7:30 Chicken sausage with carrots and string beans with olive oil over it

L: My first reintroduction! We were out to dinner at a place we didn't choose so I decided that my best bet there was the salmon and potatoes - with butter and olive oil. If I had not been past the 30 days I would have just said I wasn't hungry as I am still off raw veg so no salad option for me. We were out with some people from church for the first time and it was fun and delicious. I figured butter wouldn't be a big deal. Maybe it was a coincidence but I had serious diarrhea, worse than the past few weeks, a few hours after I ate. So butter is a NO, at least for a long time - I already knew most dairy would be a problem.

D: Chicken thighs with string beans - cold with olive oil and apple cider vinegar on it. Pineapple.

Busy day. No pain or aches. But I slept badly again - took forever to fall asleep, woke several times, up at 5:30.

Archived