Was going to reintro soy, but fave recipe has Mirin and honey

AlyMcF

Also I have only two more days before I can start reintroducing and I think I am going to start with soy. I got the tofu already and I have this recipe I like which also uses miso, but I have a dilemma because the recipe also contains mirin (kind of like a sweet rice wine) and honey. I know supposedly we can stopped worrying about added sugars in the reintro phase, but is this maybe a little much?

---

Miso Baked Tofu

by Michelle Babb

15 oz extra-firm tofu

3 Tbsp. brown rice miso or mellow white miso

¼ cup mirin

1 Tbsp. brown rice vinegar

¼ vegetable broth or water

2 tsp toasted sesame oil

1 Tbsp honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Drain tofu, slice tofu blocks in to squares approximately ¼ inch thick. Lay them on a dish towel, then cover with another dish towel and press gently to absorb extra water.

In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients.

Pour about 1/3 of the marinade in a large glass baking dish or baking sheet to cover the bottom. Add the tofu slices in one layer in the baking sheet. Pour another 1/3 of the marinade over the tofu (you may want to brush it over) and let marinate for 20 to 30 minutes. Reserve the rest of the marinade for basting and/or a dressing for salad or other foods.

Bake for 45 minutes, flipping the squares and basting with the reserved marinade midway through cooking time.

---

image.png

Archived