Day 11- nausea, bloated, no appetite

Hi there-

I am on day 11 and do not feel well. I know bloating is normal this week but I am also feeling nausea and lightheaded. I have no appetite and am making myself eat.

A normal day of food is:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, fruit (grapes or banana with almond butter), avocado, paleo bacon, potatoes

Lunch: Leftovers or salad with chicken, tomatoes, avocado. I may have boiled eggs or chicken with almonds and grapes. I usually have a mixed berry RX bar too

Dinner: Chicken with broccoli or carrots and potatoes (regular or sweet)- this week I had spaghetti squash with Rao’s sauce and chicken.

I know I need to eat more veggies.

I’m not much farther ahead than you (day 29) but I’ve read a lot here and will suggest the following:

cutting out nuts, including RX bar, as nuts can cause digestive issues.

If you’re eating eggs as main protein it should be as many as you can hold in your palm. For me that’s 3 and I have tiny hands! If it’s too much to eat, eat as much as you can and then finish it as soon as possible.

Day 11/12 stomach upset is really common. I had nausea then as well.

Hopefully someone with more experience can weigh in as well! Hope you feel better!

• Moderators
6 hours ago, sweetcee said:

I’m not much farther ahead than you (day 29) but I’ve read a lot here and will suggest the following:

cutting out nuts, including RX bar, as nuts can cause digestive issues.

If you’re eating eggs as main protein it should be as many as you can hold in your palm. For me that’s 3 and I have tiny hands! If it’s too much to eat, eat as much as you can and then finish it as soon as possible.

Day 11/12 stomach upset is really common. I had nausea then as well.

Hopefully someone with more experience can weigh in as well! Hope you feel better!

Very good advice Sweetcee!

@Starr112 - you're right about the veggies.  Don't let fruit push veggies off your plate.  Are you salting your food?  Drinking water (1/2 per pound of body weight).  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
50 minutes ago, BermudaLongTail said:

I'm on day 6 and I've been feeling so tired and today I have nausea.  I'm sick of eggs, avocado and nuts so I'm taking a break from all three hoping to make my stomach feel better.  So when does the "tiger blood" kick in?!  

Unfortunately you're a ways off the tiger blood on the timeline... while everyone is different and can move a few days either way on the timeline because we're all unique, it's pretty accurate so maybe take a read of this article...https://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

3 hours ago, BermudaLongTail said:

I'm on day 6 and I've been feeling so tired and today I have nausea.  I'm sick of eggs, avocado and nuts so I'm taking a break from all three hoping to make my stomach feel better.  So when does the "tiger blood" kick in?!  

Everything you are feeling is normal! I was a total mess that week. Very bloated and sick. 

I have cut out fruit and am feeling so much better. 

17 hours ago, BermudaLongTail said:

I had serious egg aversion during my w30. For whatever reason I couldn’t stomach them at breakfast, but could later in the day. As long as I was eating compliant, template based meals, I decided to listen to my aversions.  After two weeks of no eggs, I NEEDED deviled eggs and they were fine :) 

Nuts can cause digestive issues, so hopefully cutting those things out help! Ginger tea and detox tea (compliant of course) were soothing for me as well. Good luck. 

Archived