Start date 3/28 Looking for Accountability Partner

Newlywed2017

3/28 Start Date!!! Looking for someone to support and cheer on while receiving the same help :) Anyone interested please reply!!! First days are the hardest seems like. Would be nice to have an emergency friend for cravings or just to talk and relate too. 

Hi there!

I just started today, so just one day behind you.  It’s my first time doing Whole 30 and could totally use an accountability partner myself. Feel free to reach out anytime you want to talk cravings, concerns or to share successes!

Hi @ild228! So far so good for me. I usually eat a lot of carbs and not so much protein, so the last couple of days have been an adjustment, but a positive one. I had begun minimizing carbs for a few days before starting and increasing protein and I've been fuller for longer and have so much more energy. I hope the honeymoon lasts!

How are you both doing? Are you first timers too?

Sorry guys!!! Yes this is my first whole 30!!! It was the hubbys birthday yesterday so it was a busy day!!! I’m hoping that I can stop feeling like crap seems like 90% of every day!! I’m only a little over thirty yet I have aches and pains like a ninety year old woman!! Weight loss would be wonderful as well but I’m not concentrating on that aspect of it right now maybe in a future whole 30 I will be a little stricter with things such as fruit and starches but for now I just want the healthy aspect of things!!! 

On the subject of birthdays I did manage to avoid the birthday cake with100% success!! Right now I’m doing good with it! It’s defin an adjustment and can be a struggle where I work because they Are always eating bagels from Panera every morning and someone always leaves the office to get takeout for lunch! I mostly eat fresh fruit and protein myself. The fruit is for my 3 hour a day commute to and from work. So I don’t get frustrated and hit a drive thru. Do you guys have any recommendations on what we can drink besides water? I have to be honest here I really don’t like plain water that much but I’ve stuck with it. Be nice to have an alternative though. Thanks for answering the post by the way!!! Nice to have people that know where you’re coming from!!!

Good job avoiding the birthday cake! It’s funny over the last couple of days I’ve started to realize how much extra food I eat each day that I don’t even notice. I have four kids and if I make one of them a sandwich and they don’t finish it I will, or if one wants half of something I’ll just take the other half.  I don’t really count it because it’s not on my plate but it adds up and a lot of it is stuff I don’t really enjoy. 

I’ve been drinking Lacroix and I believe there are other sparkling waters you can drink. I also had some kombucha last night (not all kinds are compatible, I bought the GTS brand at Trader Joe’s) and put some in a wine glass as a replacement for my glass of wine. It’s an acquired taste for sure so I’m hoping I’ll learn to love it!

Hello, I started on 3/28 as well.  I am a sugar and chip addict but doing OK so far.  This is my first time doing the Whole30.  I sure could use some support and will offer support too.  I read in the book about a cookie.  It said if you eat a cookie one night you will wake up craving 17 more.  That is sticking with me.  It is true.  I quit sugar all refined and fake for 26 days last September.   I thought I could allow myself one indulgence. .. ha was I wrong.  It turned into 17 cookies the next day and snowballed from there!

Hi @ild22, I am tired, starting to crave sugar... wanted to eat a date but thought about what I read in the book and realized I was just going to substitute candy with dates.  I left them alone!  I have challenges daily but feel stronger with each and every time I decline anything not on plan and I feel very good about not eating that darn date!  How are you doing and where are you at in the program?

How’s everyone doing today? I got through Easter brunch at my mom’s house without a hitch. She had made a Whole30 compliant salad for me, and I had zero interest in anything else on the table  

I have to say that although food wasn’t an issue I’ve been a bit agitated and my stomach has been a mess today. I am starting a new job tomorrow though and I don’t know if that’s related, as I tend to have stomach issues when I’m nervous. Hope you all had a better day than I did!

Hey guys!!! GREAT JOB Rania on the Easter brunch!!! I did good but had serious cravings ALL DAY!! My cravings have been out of control lately!!! Glad you’re here Keepnfaith, !!! I’ve been out of control touchy and agitated as well the past couple days. Think I’m feeling better today though! I hope so cause what they say about wanting to punch most people in the face was a 1000% right with me yesterday!! Hope everyone is doing well! Proud of all of you!!! 

@Newlywed2017 all you have to do to tag someone is write an @ symbol and then start typing their username and it should pop up and you click on it! 

I'm glad everyone is doing so well and sticking with it!  Personally I've been feeling pretty normal, maybe a little better than usual.  I don't have that much sugar when I'm not eating Whole30, but I'm definitely cutting out dairy and bread and legumes and those are a slightly bigger adjustment.  The major thing that has switched for me in these first 4 (going on 5) days is that I've had much more dreams that I can remember, which is super weird.  I have no idea why but I heard another Whole30-er talking about how she had the same thing going on on another forum post.  Weird!  Some of the dreams have been about me accidentally cheating on the Whole30 and then feeling horrible and when I woke up it was such a relief to realize that I hadn't actually eaten anything off plan.  

Also, my mom joined in with me today!  She was kind of inspired by what I'm doing.  So she decided to do it with me!  I don't know if she's doing a Whole30 exactly, but she's doing something similar for a month.  I think she might be doing it more out of wanting to control her diet while I'm doing it partly because I like that control, but also because I really want to see how foods affect me with the reintroduction.

Hey all!

so small win today. I’ve been a stay at home mom for the past couple of years and today was my first day back to work at a new job. While I was interviewing I struggled to find any pants to wear because after having twins while I had only gained a few pound, my waist expanded exponentially. I had found one pair of pants that fit but they dug into my waist to the point it was painful. So this morning I reluctantly put on that pair of pants ready to suffer through the day and they fit super comfortably! Definitely a wonderful start to the day!

@Rania @Newlywed2017 @Keepnfaith Alright guys so it's been a few days!  We've made it past the 1-week mark and today we are 1/3 of the way through! How is everyone doing?  Quick check in: How are your energy levels?  Any cravings?  Best meal so far?  Notice any effects on your body/life yet?  Food most excited or nervous to try reintroducing?

My energy levels are pretty normal.  I haven't really had what I'd call cravings, just random thoughts of "Oh ______ would taste really good right now" (for me the _____ has been things I don't even normally have or particularly love, like cheetos, snickerdoodles, and swedish fish).  My best meal so far is this awesome salmon with herbed ghee and balsamic that I made with a side of roasted brussels sprouts with compliant bacon.  I don't really notice any effects on my body, no more energy than normal.  I've been having vivid dreams that I remember every night though which is kinda strange.  I'm most excited for Pirate's Booty and beans and peanut butter.

Hey all!

Thanks for the check in @ild228! I'm doing well.  Energy levels are great, managed to make it to the gym most days this week, which is totally NOT me. but other than that I don't feel any earth shattering effects. My pants are definitely fitting a little looser but nothing significant. 

As for cravings, I do have the occasional craving for a glass of wine, but I haven't craved bread which is my biggest weakness. I'm definitely looking forward to a glass of wine and some cheese next month, but honestly I could do without all the rest of it.

I came across a compliant chicken mushroom alfredo recipe online and added some cauliflower rice while it was cooking for the last few minutes and created like a pseudo chicken mushroom risotto dish which I absolute LOVED! That was definitely my favorite meal so far. Plus yesterday we had a bbq and I cut and grilled thick slices of eggplant as a bun alternative and it was delish! I highly recommend it.

How are the rest of you doing? Would love to hear if you all have any non-egg breakfast ideas.... I feel like I never want to see an egg again after these 30 days! I'm not big on bacon or breakfast sausages/meat options so I just don't know what else to have!

Hi @ild228, @Rania,  I am feeling great!  I did have really low energy for a few days but have been feeling great the last 3.  Cravings in the beginning but as @ild228 said I think hmm that would be good but the continue on.  I just go home from the grocery store, walked by the bakery looking at all the sugary stuff on my way to the fruits and vegetables and didn't even think twice or have that salivating craving as usual!!!  My sister was with me, she wanted to go look at cookies, still no problem!  At the register I didn't even look at the candy bars just waiting for you to swoop them up!  I can tell you so far I love this and will continue with it.  I have noticed my pants are loser and my belly doesn't stick out as much!! YAY Whole30!  My coworkers eat fast food everyday... it stinks and the difference between my food and theirs is a world apart.

Hey there! We are at the halfway point now. How’s everyone holding up? I’m feeling good but have been slacking on meal prep the last couple of days which has made things difficult. How’s everyone feeling?

Hi @Rania,  I am doing well, love this whole 30 but still have my occasional craving for popcorn or sweet coffee creamer.  I occasionally crave a sweet treat but it not that overpowering desire it used to be.   I will admit I made myself a shake last night and a few nights ago.  It is made with a frozen banana and unsweetened chocolate almond milk.  I probably should not have done it but I felt like I really needed it!  I am so much more mindful of what and when something goes in my mouth and that is a good thing.  How are you, @Newlywed2017 and @ild228 doing?  Any really strong cravings, urges and if so how are you dealing with them?  

Started yesterday and so far so good!  Getting the meals together for the week, normally don’t cook much so this is a challenge.hoping to put the Instapot to good use. I’m reintroducing meat into my diet for the first time in 8 years so that’s an added challenge.  Good luck to all the newbies!

Hey there, 

Day 20 and I’m feeling great! @Keepnfaith I feel you on the shake. I’ve probaby been downing a lot more almond butter than I should be but it’s still a vast improvement from how I usually eat so I’ll take it. Plus I’m starting to feel like this is not a 30 day thing for me but more of a long term lifestyle change for me (fingers crossed). How everyone else holding up? Hope you’re all keeping strong!

Hi @Rania  I'm doing ok.  I had an insatiable appetite the other day, with all kinds of cravings (mostly popcorn) but managed to keep on course.  I realize that I will have to do another round of Whole30 because I can tell I am at risk for going back to my old eating habits.  I really do enjoy eating healthy, so many things have changed, my skin is better, my thought process is better, my energy is great and my coffee consumption way down.  I have told my coworkers how much better I feel overall.  I've encouraged all the garbage eaters at work to try it!  Even before I did the whole30 I encouraged them to cut out all the junk they eat on a daily basis, they are getting curious now and hope they decide to try it!  Hope you all are doing well

Archived