What are your Easter plans? Are you cooking?

samalope

SO I know it is bad, but I kind of forget about Easter dinner. Ha! My mom loves making huge amounts of delicious food (could feed a small army for an evening with 10 people)

I offered to make a pot roast (with potatoes, celery, carrots) and some green beans with compliant bacon. She said she would also have some fresh fruit for me to enjoy. :)

Do you guys have plans?

• Moderators
8 hours ago, samalope said:

SO I know it is bad, but I kind of forget about Easter dinner. Ha! My mom loves making huge amounts of delicious food (could feed a small army for an evening with 10 people)

I offered to make a pot roast (with potatoes, celery, carrots) and some green beans with compliant bacon. She said she would also have some fresh fruit for me to enjoy. :)

Do you guys have plans?

Probably baked chicken wings and the company of my Kindle ;)  Unless I can come to your house, I love roast but can never seem to make a good one!

If you like a bit of spice, I have a great way of making green beans (and while I don't dig bacon, it would actually be really good with bacon).  Heat some ghee in a saute pan and add minced garlic and chili flakes... saute until fragrant and then add blanched green beans and saute until fully cooked.  I suppose with bacon you could fry the bacon and then use the bacon fat instead of the ghee.  I sometimes put some sesame oil in at the very end but with bacon I think that would be gilding the lily a bit ;) 

My Dad and siblings and nieces/nephews are coming over and my older daughters and son in law will come too. I think we'll be 20 - some of the kids are away at school and my Dad may ask one of my aunts. When my Mom was alive we would have ham and potatoes, and lasagna, and Arroz con Gandules, but my sister and sils and I really don't want to do all that work. I want to come home from church and just put it all out on the table.

I'm serving sandwiches (rolls and bread, cold cuts, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.) and salads (macaroni, potato, green) and stuff (pickles and fruit salad and veggie platter) and whatever dessert they all bring. Since I am not starting my W30 till after Easter, I intend to have a sandwich and salad and veggies. I am hoping that there are no leftovers so I don't start with my favorite rolls kicking around the kitchen!!

Archived