Great results after 30 days…!

peak

Completed 30 days two days ago,   recorded the data difference today:

25 Feb-     waist: 42,   chest:  48,   belly:  50,  weight:  256

31 Mar-    waist: 41,   chest:  47,   belly:  47,  weight:  239

Back in January I was upwards of 260 pounds.  Even at 6’-3” this is the heaviest I have ever been.  That number was the indicator that I need to do something.  At age 53 it ‘aint gonna’ get any easier!   A desk job does not help the matter.  The Whole 30 is the most sensible food plan (not gonna’ call it a “diet”) that I have ever done.  All it is, is eating good food. 

I am walking around erect!  Yes, that is right… I stand much straighter with less slouching in the back.  Other notable benefits:  jeans that were tight or did not fit at all are now wearable.  Better sleep and a MUCH better attitude and focus at work!

For me this plan was (is) really easy.  I tried to make it as hassle-free as possible and bought a 30 day,  pre-prepared meal plan from True Fare.  Between this food and my own home made on weekends it was not hard at all.  I did need to look closer at the ingredients for my own cooking…  needed to be creative with the spices to insure compliancy.

I had a glass of wine last night with my steak.  I am not reintroducing alcohol as a first test; it was more of an “atta’ boy” to myself.  In fact I do not envision reintroducing any of the forbiddens because I do not feel the need to do so just yet.  I am going to continue for another 2 weeks or so and then think about reintro  (I need to read up more on how to plan it.) 

There is a wonderful response by Moderator Sugarcube in another thread that I read and previously quoted elsewhere that really makes sense.  While weight loss for me was a big motivating factor, I am going to focus less on it as a primary item and allow for more of a goal towards my overall well-being.  Yes, I still have plenty of belly to lose but the new eating plan gives me a leg up on the next steps on which I will take.  

On 10/26/2017 at 12:53 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

The amazing thing about the human body is that it knows what weight it is most efficient at... so if you concentrate on being HEALTHY instead of losing weight, your body will do its own processes to get to that ideal point.. and the 'bad' news is that maybe your body likes that 10 pounds you don't like... 

Focus on your health, fueling your body and if your body wants to drop some weight, it will happen... honestly!  And really try and free yourself from those arbitrary numbers, they do nothing but put stress (whether you notice it or not) on your body and mind and that is a sure fire way to get your body to save everything because it doesn't understand where the stress is coming from... but historically stress in part meant potential lack of food... 

-frank.

Archived