A "Weight" off My Mind Followed by Black Coffee

Day 1. Not too tricky because I've been eating this way for about 90 percent of my food choices for almost a year. Hardest changes today--not getting on the scale, a daily habit for as long as I can remember.

And skipping half & half and raw sugar in my coffee. I've tried coconut milk in my coffee and cream without sugar. Neither really appeal to me. I LOVE the taste of creamy sweetened coffee, but fortunately, I also like the taste of a good cup of black coffee. I expect a BIG change from switching to black coffee--I drink a lot of coffee. Coffee = yum.

Coffee is tough for me too. I've grown very accustomed to putting a bit of organic heavy whipping cream in my coffee, I'm not going to lie, I missed it today. But, it's just coffee and I have a feeling that after my Whole30, I might not miss that heavy whipping cream at all. And if I still miss it a lot, I'll try to reintroduce it into my diet.

I've been drinking black coffee for almost three years now. That followed decades of cream in the coffee - now cream grosses me out!

Wow, it's great that you've been almost Whole30 compliant for months! I'll be anxious to hear what changes you notice since you're only changing 10% ish. Is that the sugar and dairy?

Oh! I have to agree with you on the scale. That's a tough one to give up. Talk to you soon! ~ Susan :)

I'm with you on both of those being tough. I'm doing coconut milk in my coffee and its not bad but I had to put away my scale as well as fight through urges to measure my waist!!! Beers and cocktails will be my toughest challenge. I also miss cheese A LOT!!! Keep it up ladies!

The black coffee has been the hardest part for me. Thank goodness for coconut milk. I like my coffee cowboy style..with lots of cream and sugar. I'm not sure that's really how cowboys drank coffee, but someone told me that once and I liked the way it sounded haha

Hi, all--I so enjoy your posts, full of friendship, encouragement, and comraderie!

So who knew I would end up liking black coffee more than with cream and sugar, at least that's what I think right now.

And here's why. Though I love my half & half and teaspoon of raw sugar fix, which really made my morning mugs, yes mugs, at least 3 or 4 a morning, more of a yummy caramelly dessert--yikes, bad way to start the day, now that I think about it--I love that black coffee leaves my mouth tasting like coffee. I know, TMI, right? I always hated that something that could taste so delicious and treat-like when consumed would have such a gross aftertaste. But black coffee kind of leaves the taste of coffee, just coffee.

I will probably try half & half and sugar again at the of Whole30, but maybe not. Maybe I'm happily cured!

Susan, yes, the 10 percent was spread thinly throughout cream and sugar, cheese, red wine, paleoized bread and breakfast foods, and Hadley dates. Love dates! They helped cure my charlie horses because of their magnesium and potassium content, but I can get that elsewhere.

And I know I will return to the occasional glass of red wine.

Also, following the Whole9 meal plan for protein, fat, veggies, etc., it's been so easy to not snack. I'm just not hungry till meal times, and then I'm powerful hungry! I never realized how much I snacked, even though it was healthy stuff.

Well, everyone, onward and healthward!

Annette

Archived