Introduction

HappyGrl

Hello!  I am starting The Whole 30 today and I am super excited and READY!

About 3 years ago I eliminated gluten and dairy due to food sensitivities and it had a profound effect on my health!  I slept better, was less achy, digestion improved, etc.  During this time, I have relied heavily on grains and really consume too much sugar.  Corn tortillas have been my “go to” and I’ve become really good at cooking sugary gluten free treats!  I know the Whole 30 will help get me on track and I will feel better for it!

I am looking forward to meeting new people on this forum and sharing the journey with you!

Happy Easter!  I'll join you.  I did a Whole7 last week and want to restart since I decided to enjoy some wine and nice dinners out with my husband on Friday and Saturday. :) I finished one Whole30 in December and have since been sticking pretty closely to a Paleo diet at home.  In my first round, I found out I am sensitive to gluten and dairy after I reintroduced them so I have eliminated them.  I am working towards reducing my dose of thyroid medication and following Whole30 has been key to reaching that goal.  My TSH levels have improved in the last couple of months and my doctor has dropped my dose from 150 mcg to 138 mcg. 

My Day 1 is going well.  For breakfast I had eggs, potatoes, brussel sprouts, & fruit (berries, melon & pineapple).  Lunch was a romaine salad with chicken, bacon, a hardboiled egg, olive oil & lemon.  Dinner will be slow roasted lamb, onions, potatoes, string beans & salad.  I drank a lot of water today since I am a bit hung over from last night.  How did your Day 1 go?

Archived