Starting today!

fabfitmomma

Hi,

I am new to the forum,  I have quasi started the Whole30 before on my own.  I am at a point that I need to reset my health and restart again.  I want to do it wholeheartedly and for real this time.   Hence the reason I came to the forum and joined.  I want to do it right.  I am looking for support here and tips to keep on track.

I am 41, I have two kids and I now only want to be healthy for me, I want to teach them how to make healthier decisions in their lives too.

I am at my heaviest and all of the 10-20lb to lose through the years, has has now found it's way up to 50lb.  I don't like how it crept up so quickly on me!!  Who else is starting today? For those of you pros out there, what helped you most to keep on track?

Thank you!

Hi there!

I started Monday as well, but am only doing it through the 27th. I did my first Whole30 this past January and loved the results, but quickly got off track after completing it between Spring Break and stress from work. I think it's super admirable that you are doing this for not only yourself, but to be an example for your kids! I am still trying to get my Mom to warm up to the idea. I hope that if she sees the impacts it makes on my health, she'll decide it's worth it. 

I think the biggest impact on my success was having support from my husband. Does your family help or hurt your cause? Having support at home really helped me get through the whole 30 days in January.

That is awesome that you have big support and I am sure that your mom will come around when she sees your dedication and when she is ready. 

My family is supportive, but not eating entirely the same, add some carbage. 

gotta stay focused on how much more healthy I feel eating to nourish not to just to eat.

Also started Monday. Are you ladies experiencing any of the side effects? I've had a headache & and very tired. My friends are supportive generally. A friend who lives in OR also started Monday so we are helping each other along.

I started Whole30 to get my self back into healthy eating, I live alone & can get lazy with cooking. I've been going to the gym a lot and not getting the results I want. Also I drink more than I should so making a 30 day commitment seems like a good idea. 

All right ladies! Let's do this!

Archived