Bloating and Stomach Pains Day 15

Hello!

Before starting Whole30, I struggle with daily bloating. I would wake up every morning and just feel very bloated. I am frustrated because I thought cutting out major food groups on Whole30 would help my stomach pains. They just seem to be getting worse. 

I read something about taking digestive enzymes but I am not sure. The bloating and cramps have been happening all day. I just don't know what do ad it is day 15. Help! 

Today I have had:

Breakfast

3 eggs, banana with almond butter 

Lunch

Turkey burger with compliant mayo and pickles, along with watermelon 

Snack

Sea Salt chocolate rx bar 

Dinner (possibly)

Turkey burger with tomato, lettuce, mayo with a side of carrots 

Nuts are a source of bloating and digestive discomfort. The suggestion is small serving every other day at most. I would start with taking out the almond butter and Rx bar. Even every other day was too much for me, I seem to have sensitivity to nuts. 

As an aside, I know it’s hard when you’re not feeling great, but your meals are light on veggies. Could it be that some of the cramping is hunger? From looking at your sample it looks like you’re missing some veggie groups - ie leafy greens and cruciferous (broccoli cauli cabbage etc). The meal template recommends a palm sized protein and then 1-3 cups veggies per meal. 

I have no suggestions on enzymes but I do know the template suggestions as I’ve recently heard them all myself from this lovely forum!

Most of your meals seem to be missing vegetables, but I understand if you've been avoiding them if they're adding to the bloat feeling.  Raw vegetables can be hard on the stomach, I'd recommend gradually adding in some cooked vegetables - maybe some boiled white or sweet potatoes, sautted zucchini, etc.  How much water are you drinking?  If ate that many nuts I'd have to drink soooo much liquid!

I have heard of people finally realizing the eggs are problematic for them - if you eat eggs every day you might want to try a day or two of no eggs.

Just now, slc_melissa said:

Most of your meals seem to be missing vegetables, but I understand if you've been avoiding them if they're adding to the bloat feeling.  Raw vegetables can be hard on the stomach, I'd recommend gradually adding in some cooked vegetables - maybe some boiled white or sweet potatoes, sautted zucchini, etc.  How much water are you drinking?  If ate that many nuts I'd have to drink soooo much liquid!

I have heard of people finally realizing the eggs are problematic for them - if you eat eggs every day you might want to try a day or two of no eggs.

Yeah- I am cutting out nuts for the rest of the week. I may not be drinking enough water. What do you suggest I have for breakfast if I don't eat eggs? I do not have any creative breakfast ideas. 

I am going to up the veggies (steamed) and take out nuts. 

You can eat anything you like for breakfast.  Leftover dinner.  Soup or Chili.  (Actually, soups might be really nice, well cooked veggies, lots of liquid already included.)   Sausage (compliant) and veggie hash.  

I personally can't handle raw veggies in the morning, I almost always have some leftover roasted veggies, my favorites being green beans, sweet potatoes, and asparagus.

Hi There!

I have written a few posts about being bloated and not feeling great. I am entering day 20 and I am still having stomach issues. I came into this with bloating issues and thought that the Whole30 may help. I am so frustrated because I just feel worse. I thought around this time is when most started to feel amazing. 

For a while, nuts were making me sick so I cut out everything that has almond in it. I have been eating more veggies and just more food in general. The only green vegetable I can stand is broccoli. I have been eating veggies like sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, (lettuce if you could that), and tomatoes. 

Today I had:

Breakfast:

Two boiled eggs, avocado, and strawberries 

Lunch:

Five small lettuce, turkey, and (mini) pickle wraps, a stick of celery, and a banana 

Mid-day: I was starting to get hungry 

A few pieces of leftover chicken and an orange 

Dinner:

Two eggs with baked sweet potatoes (salt, pepper, avo oil)

I am drinking a ton of water every day. I love eggs and can't stomach the thought of eating dinner for breakfast. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Thanks for your help! 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Starr112 said:

Hi There!

I have written a few posts about being bloated and not feeling great. I am entering day 20 and I am still having stomach issues. I came into this with bloating issues and thought that the Whole30 may help. I am so frustrated because I just feel worse. I thought around this time is when most started to feel amazing. 

For a while, nuts were making me sick so I cut out everything that has almond in it. I have been eating more veggies and just more food in general. The only green vegetable I can stand is broccoli. I have been eating veggies like sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, (lettuce if you could that), and tomatoes. 

Today I had:

Breakfast:

Two boiled eggs, avocado, and strawberries 

Lunch:

Five small lettuce, turkey, and (mini) pickle wraps, a stick of celery, and a banana 

Mid-day: I was starting to get hungry 

A few pieces of leftover chicken and an orange 

Dinner:

Two eggs with baked sweet potatoes (salt, pepper, avo oil)

I am drinking a ton of water every day. I love eggs and can't stomach the thought of eating dinner for breakfast. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Thanks for your help! 

I've moved your recent post into your original thread - that way people helping will see what advice has been provided and we won't be spending time going back over the same things.

Hardboiled eggs are often the hardest to digest of all the ways of cooking eggs.  I see you still don't have veggies in your breakfast or lunch (five pieces of lettuce and a celery stick doesn't really add up to a plate full of veggies).

Is the 'only green veggie you can stand' broccoli because that's all you can eat that doesn't make you bloated or you're fussy about green veggies? You really need to be eating non starchy veggies and unfortunately for the color green, that's most of them.  Also included, mushrooms, eggplant, green beans, zuchinni, cauliflower.  It's not actually that surprising that you don't feel well given the amount of fruit and starchy carbs you're eating when not also including the non starchy veg.

'can't stomach the thought of eating dinner for breakfast' is actually part mental and part hormonal.  For some people it's because they've never eaten anything other than breakfast for breakfast and for some people it's a combination of that and the fact that their hormones are out of whack... Try and adjust your thinking about breakfast and consider it just Meal 1 of 3 of the day and then eat a template meal.

I would remove the fruit for now while you're working on upping your veggies. 

Eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand without dropping - that's 3-4 for most people... if you dont' want to eat that many eggs, then add a leftover protein source to a couple eggs but it's no real wonder you're also hungry during the day and not feeling well - you're not eating enough.

27 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

I've moved your recent post into your original thread - that way people helping will see what advice has been provided and we won't be spending time going back over the same things.

Hardboiled eggs are often the hardest to digest of all the ways of cooking eggs.  I see you still don't have veggies in your breakfast or lunch (five pieces of lettuce and a celery stick doesn't really add up to a plate full of veggies).

Is the 'only green veggie you can stand' broccoli because that's all you can eat that doesn't make you bloated or you're fussy about green veggies? You really need to be eating non starchy veggies and unfortunately for the color green, that's most of them.  Also included, mushrooms, eggplant, green beans, zuchinni, cauliflower.  It's not actually that surprising that you don't feel well given the amount of fruit and starchy carbs you're eating when not also including the non starchy veg.

'can't stomach the thought of eating dinner for breakfast' is actually part mental and part hormonal.  For some people it's because they've never eaten anything other than breakfast for breakfast and for some people it's a combination of that and the fact that their hormones are out of whack... Try and adjust your thinking about breakfast and consider it just Meal 1 of 3 of the day and then eat a template meal.

I would remove the fruit for now while you're working on upping your veggies. 

Eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand without dropping - that's 3-4 for most people... if you dont' want to eat that many eggs, then add a leftover protein source to a couple eggs but it's no real wonder you're also hungry during the day and not feeling well - you're not eating enough.

Thanks for doing that!

In regards to my broccoli comment, I just do not like the taste of other veggies. I did not realize we could have green beans so I will definitely buy those. I was also thinking about buying cauliflower rice. 

I am a big fan of fruit and have never been a vegetable lover. I will lower my intake of fruit. 

I usually have 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast. I just wanted to switch it up with the boiled. Do you think the reason I am having so much bloating is because I'm not eating enough veggies? I eat a ton of avocado but that is more of a fat right? 

Whenever I finish a meal I am so full. I do not know how I could possibly eat more. 

Archived