Can I use Hydroxycut?

Senator

After finding no search results, I wanted to ask, can I use Hydroxycut while on Whole30?

I started Whole 30 today. I am coming off of a two to four-a-day Kuerig pod day caffeine intake habit (two Keurig pods brewed at 4 oz. respectively in one cup with cream and Splenda).

Despite getting a good night of rest, it's clear plain green tea is not going to cut it for me. Can I use Hydroxycut to as a caffeine crutch?

• Administrators

As with anything, it depends on the ingredients listed on the product you want to use.

Please understand that this type of product is not in keeping with the spirit of the Whole30. If the ingredients are all compliant, technically you could use this but we would want more for you. By subbing this sort of product for the caffeine in your coffee you aren't really correcting your caffeine issue.

I would recommend that unless you want to do a cold-turkey withdrawal, you could continue to have the coffee and start watering it down or mixing in increasing levels of decaf to wean yourself slowly. You can also drink black tea if you wanted. 

The fact that you are needing the caffeine as an energy supplement is a great sign that you might be more reliant on it than is desirable. I'd try to cut back more naturally if that is something you want to do. If not, just check the ingredients on the pills.

• Moderators

What's in it??  I somehow suspect it has some sort of sweetner at least?  It's not ideal really even if it doesn't have stuff in it... items like that mess with your body's satiety and hunger signals

Archived