Are the RXBars approved?

Timcom

• Moderators

Yes, use with caution. Many of us found that the more RXbars you keep on hand, the more emergencies seem to come up ... :ph34r:

I recommend EPIC Beef Habanero or Lamb Currant bars instead. They're more of a soft, very flavorful jerky bar. (Not all flavors are compliant, read your labels). The Turkey is also compliant but I find that one sort of dry and bland. I haven't tried all the flavors - they have quite a few now.

For my son's 11th birthday recently, we made ice cream in our homemade maker using JUST (unsweetened, canned) coconut milk & chopped up chocolate sea salt RX bars in it.  That's the only time we've had them in this house, and... even to my 3 boys... that tasted like a birthday treat.  

They may be "technically compliant" ~ but they will not help anyone tame their sugar dragon.  The idea is to get your blood sugar steady & your body good at burning fat, so that there should no longer be a food "emergency" ~ regardless of your circumstances.  

I've made my own rx bars and once you see how much dates go in to one bar you realise that if you have an active sugardragon this might be dangerous. Since I have more of a savory dragon anyway, the bars are fine for me. I do take one with me in the car when I know that i'll be going longer than 4-5 hours until the next complaint meal. As such, they are nice.

I used this recipe, but added ground vanillepod, some espresso-powder and a pinch of cinnamon too...

https://www.jaysbakingmecrazy.com/2017/05/15/paleo-chocolate-protein-bars-copycat-rxbars/

Edit: I don't need the "emergency"food for sugarcrashes
, but still need to learn to keep calm while preparing my next meal when overly hungry.

Archived