Do I have to start over?

Hi- I'm on day 4 and I thought I was doing pretty well. Everything I have eaten has been compliant but reading the forums I realized I have not been having the ideal plate. ie: 1-2 thumb sizes of Fat, palm size protein and 1-2 C greens.  The greens have been there but they have been no where near 1-2 cups per meal. Here are my questions on a few things.  

- Do I have to start over because of the lack of vegetables? 

-This was my breakfast today. I realize it's not super hot but is it ok? -1 C Brussel Sprouts, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 handful of pistachios. 

-I have had compliant Kombucha daily. Is this ok? 

Thank you for the help! 

• Administrators

First, the only reason to restart is if you ate something off plan. The meal template for timing and composition is just a recommendation for best possible results. Also, you have the meal template a bit wrong. It's 1-2 palms of protein, 1-2 servings of fat and 2-3+ cups of veggies, preferably a mix of starchy and non-starchy with a focus on non-starchy. 

For your breakfast example, bump your veggies up to 2-3 cups, add another egg (eggs as sole protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping; usually 3-4 for most people) and be careful with the amount of nuts you're using. Nuts are recommended to be limited and the serving is a closed handful. So think about only having one serving of nuts every other day at most.

Compliant kombucha every day is fine. :) 

2 hours ago, JaneH55 said:

Hi- I'm on day 4 and I thought I was doing pretty well. Everything I have eaten has been compliant but reading the forums I realized I have not been having the ideal plate. ie: 1-2 thumb sizes of Fat, palm size protein and 1-2 C greens.  The greens have been there but they have been no where near 1-2 cups per meal. Here are my questions on a few things.  

- Do I have to start over because of the lack of vegetables? 

-This was my breakfast today. I realize it's not super hot but is it ok? -1 C Brussel Sprouts, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 handful of pistachios. 

-I have had compliant Kombucha daily. Is this ok? 

Thank you for the help! 

Hang in there! It can take a few days of adjusting with the meal sizes/template but you'll figure it out and then from there it's smooth sailing!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Bucha Belly said:

Do you notice that you are having less severe cravings for non-compliant foods when you are drinking Kombucha?

Bucha Belly

Seattle Kombucha Subscriptions

The poster you've responded to hasn't said she was having cravings for non compliant food.

Archived