Reset and White Wine

Mary Beth Wittry

I have a question.  I finished Whole 30 successfully on Easter Sunday, and am on Day 5 of a slow reset.  I would like to introduce wine into my reset permanently, while testing and adding other things.  I had no reaction to the wine, and will drink in moderation, but it occurred to me that I could still test the effect of other foods I add back in.... Is this acceptable?

• Moderators

The reason that it's generally recommended not to continue having something throughout your reintroductions, regardless of whether you have a reaction or not, is that it can affect the other items you're reintroducing. So maybe legumes on their own wouldn't bother you much, but legumes with wine might have a stronger effect. There's also the possibility that while a glass of wine one night doesn't bother you, that a glass of wine every night might, or several glasses of wine one night might. 

However, if you want to continue having wine throughout your reintroductions, that is up to you, you're an adult and can make that decision. Just keep in mind that it can change the results you get as you reintroduce other items. 

Archived