Barnana Chewy Banana Bites?

LauraOC

I think I know the answer, but want verification before we tell our group members anything.

These are dehydrated bananas. Just organic bananas & banana powder. They are chewy, like other dehydrated fruit. So are they treated like banana chips or like any other dried or dehydrated fruit? My gut says the latter, but my reasoning says the former...

Thank you for any guidance you can provide!

Screenshot_20180407-215006_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2d4f7550fe70a51e292c1f5ce35ba9e.jpg

snacks-original-banana-bites-3.jpg?v=151

snacks-original-banana-bites-3_2048x2048.jpg

• Moderators

All fruit and dried fruit should be limited.  The recommendation is 0-2 fist sized servings of fresh fruit per day eaten with meals. These would be okay if you chopped them up and put a few sprinkles on a salad (weird salad tho!) but food like this really has no place in the Whole30 if you want to kill your sugar dragon, get your blood sugar levelled out and change your hormones and relationship with food.

If you were thinking of using these as a snack, that would not be recommended - if you need to eat between meals, we recommend protein and fat or protein and veggies or some combination of the three - not fruit/dried fruit/nuts/nut products on their own.

Hope that helps?

Oh and one more thing, no commercially prepared chips of any kind... not kale, potato, banana, coconut etc... so if they're chip like, then they're out due to this rule :)

3 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

All fruit and dried fruit should be limited.  The recommendation is 0-2 fist sized servings of fresh fruit per day eaten with meals. These would be okay if you chopped them up and put a few sprinkles on a salad (weird salad tho!) but food like this really has no place in the Whole30 if you want to kill your sugar dragon, get your blood sugar levelled out and change your hormones and relationship with food.

If you were thinking of using these as a snack, that would not be recommended - if you need to eat between meals, we recommend protein and fat or protein and veggies or some combination of the three - not fruit/dried fruit/nuts/nut products on their own.

Hope that helps?

Oh and one more thing, no commercially prepared chips of any kind... not kale, potato, banana, coconut etc... so if they're chip like, then they're out due to this rule :)

Thank you for your feedback. This is how our Admin team was thinking, too, but wanted official clarification before responding to one our members on this product.

Definitely clear on the no chips rule. We just weren't sure if this followed that rule, or the limit dried fruits rule.

Thanks again for your quick, helpful response!

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, LauraOC said:

Thank you for your feedback. This is how our Admin team was thinking, too, but wanted official clarification before responding to one our members on this product.

Definitely clear on the no chips rule. We just weren't sure if this followed that rule, or the limit dried fruits rule.

Thanks again for your quick, helpful response!

Perfect :)  Also, I just re-read the ingredients and the banana powder is to make the item taste more banana-y I assume... that's a fun trick by food manufacturers to make food supernaturally tastey so then regular banana isn't going to taste as banana-y and consumers will continue to buy this product for that extra banana-y flavor.  I'd steer clear :)

Archived