What to eat between Reintroduction days?

embeesea

Hi Whole30 friends!

I took 9 total days to reintroduce several different legumes (peanuts, soy, black beans) and had NO problems. I have now started reintroducing non-gluten grains. I ate white rice yesterday. So today is a clean eating day and there is a soup in the cafe I want to try...lemon ginger split-pea soup. All the ingredients are compliant, obviously the split peas are a legume.

So my question is two fold - first, if I had no trouble with the three legumes I already reintroduced, do I really need a separate day for split peas or is it fair to assume all legumes are fine?

and second...how important is it to eat 100% whole30 clean between reintroduction days? Is it okay to eat whole30 clean plus foods that you have found to be not a problem for you?

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, embeesea said:

Hi Whole30 friends!

I took 9 total days to reintroduce several different legumes (peanuts, soy, black beans) and had NO problems. I have now started reintroducing non-gluten grains. I ate white rice yesterday. So today is a clean eating day and there is a soup in the cafe I want to try...lemon ginger split-pea soup. All the ingredients are compliant, obviously the split peas are a legume.

So my question is two fold - first, if I had no trouble with the three legumes I already reintroduced, do I really need a separate day for split peas or is it fair to assume all legumes are fine? Nope, according to the program we do the Whole30 days in between and only bring in whatever the new item is that you are testing. 

and second...how important is it to eat 100% whole30 clean between reintroduction days? Is it okay to eat whole30 clean plus foods that you have found to be not a problem for you? See above

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Grandmadisney said:

I am 3 days away from end and doing introduction but I am crazy to change my 1 meal...Not left overs. No more eggs even veggie is too much will I be able to introduce a bagel almond butter banana????or too much

If you want to test gluten first then ya, go for the bagel. 

1 minute ago, ladyshanny said:

If you want to test gluten first then ya, go for the bagel. 

I am 3 days away from end and doing introduction but I am crazy to change my 1 meal...Not left overs. No more eggs even veggie is too much will I be able to introduce a bagel almond butter banana????or too much

• Administrators
Just now, Grandmadisney said:

I don't understand your question, you've just copy/pasted the exact same thing that was in your first post.

• Administrators

When you are doing reintroductions after your Whole30 is over, you introduce one item (gluten OR dairy OR legumes etc) during all the meals of that day and then you go back to ONLY WHOLE30 for two - three days and assess your reaction. Then you move onto the next thing in the same fashion. Bananas are fine on Whole30 so not sure why you would think you couldn't have a banana?

Something like pizza is going to have gluten and dairy so you need to do the reintroductions for dairy and gluten separately FIRST so that you know how you react to each one of them. Key lime pie is going to be dairy, gluten, sugar so again, you would want to know how you react to all the components separately.

Archived