New and starting to struggle

ChristineM1

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to whole 30, only 5 days in. I chose to start the program because I want to lose weight, I want to clear up my skin and I’m getting married in 6 months and want to start this new chapter with better control of my life and habits. 

Things have been going really well, following the rules, I’ve been really positive and noticing a difference In how i feel but tonight my fiancé dropped a bomb on me that his work schedule is changing giving us only 1 day together during the week. This upset me especially since the wedding is 6 months out and he and I are planning together. This news depressed me and all I want is to eat carbs and sugar. I am a stress eater so it is killing me to know I can’t have a cookie or everything bagel to “settle my nerves”. Does anyone have tips or tricks?

thanks!

Christine 

• Moderators

Hey, Christine. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I know this is upsetting, but remember that food isnt going to fix it. 

Instead, try journaling about your frustrations or talking to someone about them, and then try to come up with a plan. Are there things about the wedding your boyfriend doesn't necessarily care about? Plan those parts yourself, and save the parts that are most important to him for when he's available. 

Remember that it's okay to feel whatever you're feeling. There's nothing wrong with being frustrated or angry or sad. Feel those emotions, react to them, and then move forward.

Accept how you're feeling, it's not wrong to feel that way.  And try to find other outlets for emotions.  A run, hot shower, telephone rant session with a friend, go dig in the garden, cuddle a pet, curl up and have a good cry.  There are many ways to process those emotions, eating just often seems the easiest.

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!  What a fun and exciting time!

Archived