Reintroduction - do I keep everything else template compliant?

Christine H

Hi everyone,

I couldn't find this in the book or in other posts.

I know that I'm supposed to only add one food group per day and to not eat legumes again when I test grains, for instance. But should I keep my meals template compliant on the reintroduction days? For instance, I'm thinking of using chana masala (this recipe, one of my favourite dishes) for dinner on my legumes reintroduction day, though without rice, obviously. I'm not sure how much protein the chickpeas contain, but it is undoubtably less than a palm sized piece of meat. So should I eat more protein on the side? (Usually I wouldn't do so when eating this dish.) And should I still pay attention that my meals contain enough fat as well?

If you want to see how chickpeas affect you, maybe just have the chana masala as a small side to your normal Whole 30 template meal . Obviously not the traditional way of eating it, but you're experimenting.

Or, alternatively, if you want to know how chana masala specifically affects you, have it as your full meal as you previously would and you'll also see exactly how your hunger reacts compared to a template meal.

So many options! 

Archived