Not my First Whole30

Bradlekong

In mid-November I decided to start the Whole30 Program. Even though the book advises not starting the program around the holidays I was determined to do it anyways. Surprisingly, I found it much easier than expected. There were a couple of instances where I had to go out to eat and was tempted to drink but I was able to resist and choose Whole30 compliant meals. I ended the program just before Christmas having lost an amazing 25 lbs (I was also exercising every 2-3 days which I think accelerated things). Due to the poor timing, I was unable to do the reintroduction phase. 

Since then I've been on an up and down rollercoaster of heating healthy one week and then going out eating and drinking too much the next. As a result, I feel gross and have put 10-12 lbs back on. On top of that, I'm traveling a lot for work and find eating Whole30 extremely challenging. 

I want to start the Whole30 again and do the reintroduction phase properly. However, I'm having a terrible time getting it started.

Do you all have any tips for getting back into it and also how to maintain while traveling for work?

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Bradlekong said:

In mid-November I decided to start the Whole30 Program. Even though the book advises not starting the program around the holidays I was determined to do it anyways. Surprisingly, I found it much easier than expected. There were a couple of instances where I had to go out to eat and was tempted to drink but I was able to resist and choose Whole30 compliant meals. I ended the program just before Christmas having lost an amazing 25 lbs (I was also exercising every 2-3 days which I think accelerated things). Due to the poor timing, I was unable to do the reintroduction phase. 

Since then I've been on an up and down rollercoaster of heating healthy one week and then going out eating and drinking too much the next. As a result, I feel gross and have put 10-12 lbs back on. On top of that, I'm traveling a lot for work and find eating Whole30 extremely challenging. 

I want to start the Whole30 again and do the reintroduction phase properly. However, I'm having a terrible time getting it started.

Do you all have any tips for getting back into it and also how to maintain while traveling for work?

I moved your post into a more appropriate section as the one you originally posted in was for people who are done with their Whole30's and managing their food freedom.  If you want the title changed, just let me know.  As far as travelling a lot, we have a lot of people who do business and personal travel while doing whole30 - maybe have a look around the site using google (the best way to search the site)... for instance 'whole30 when travelling' or similar and see what you can find.

Archived