KristenJL

Emergency trip - flying back home for funeral

HI!! so i am on day 12, and there has been a death in my boyfriends family so we are flying back to his home (4 hour flight) on Sunday and returning back on Wednesday.. considering the situation, i will not be able to ask them to modify and meals, or be able to travel to a grocery store. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. please, any tips/tricks for a situation like this? i do not want to start the whole30 over, nor do i want to accidentally eat something i shouldn't, and have stomach issues (if you know what i mean) while on this short trip. I am thinking about packing some things in my suitcase, but i can only pack so much that wont parish.

49 minutes ago, KristenJL said:

HI!! so i am on day 12, and there has been a death in my boyfriends family so we are flying back to his home (4 hour flight) on Sunday and returning back on Wednesday.. considering the situation, i will not be able to ask them to modify and meals, or be able to travel to a grocery store. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. please, any tips/tricks for a situation like this? i do not want to start the whole30 over, nor do i want to accidentally eat something i shouldn't, and have stomach issues (if you know what i mean) while on this short trip. I am thinking about packing some things in my suitcase, but i can only pack so much that wont parish.

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

In this case if you cannot ask for special consideration (which I totally understand why) and you cannot get to a grocery store or otherwise manage your own cooking, it's quite difficult to stay on track honestly.  Sometimes its better to stay as close as possible to the program (as in don't go falling face first into a chocolate cake and ice cream) but giving yourself a break knowing that sometimes circumstances arise and you have to do the best you can. Then when you get home, you can get back on a Whole30 and the icky part about the beginning of Whole30 (detox, energy, carb flu etc) shouldn't be a problem and you'll sail through.

I would probably still pack some jerky, bars, hardboiled eggs, cans of tuna, pouches of olives etc... to give yourself the best chance to stick to the program.  I assume you'll have access to a fridge over the four days so you only need to figure out things to pack that can manage in a suitcase for a 4 hour plane ride - honestly any food should do... four hours is less time than the time between breakfast and lunch and lots of people just take their lunch out in the am and don't eat it for four or five hours...