Starting on Monday! April 16th

Jillian McCall

16 hours ago, Jillian McCall said:

I have been reading up on the whole 30 and I'm finally ready to get going!  Day 1 is on Monday and I'm pretty nervous :)

Does anyone know how to join the Whole30 Daily???

Hi Jillian.  I am planning on starting Monday also.  Want to keep each other on track?

Hello! I will be starting on Monday, too. I have completed 2 whole30s and attempted about 3,000 others. So this will be my third FULL whole30 :)

I eat mostly paleo but absolutely binge on dairy (cheese!!!) and I get myself stuck in that frustrating cycle of eating compliant until like 5pm after which I go off the rails like crazy. Then start fresh the next morning and repeat the pattern.

I am also weaning myself off caffeine due to severe anxiety/insomnia/general twitchiness (yikes). I have done this before and feel worlds better and I also know that the systemic support of the whole30 will help me tremendously, as I have SO much more energy and feel overall more upbeat and positive when I'm doing a whole30.

I'm really looking forward to doing this again. What are other people doing to prepare? I'm cutting out grain/sugars/dairy and eating compliant ingredients for the days leading up to Monday.

Hi all, I'm hoping to start on Monday too! This will be my second Whole30 - I completed one last September and have been craving that amazing feeling since :) @KTH1010 you story sounds so so familiar!!! I'm so determined every morning (and generally more so at the beginning of the week) but by the time I get home in the evening I find it so hard to resist sugar - that's my main craving. Chocolate and cookies! I know how horrendously bad they are for the body, but it doesn't seem to matter because by the time 7pm comes around, I'm munching on something!!

I went shopping earlier today and I've done some meal prep.. I hope to plan some of my meals tomorrow so that I can make this as easy as possible! I really want to commit to this as I tried to start last month, but was travelling a lot with work and it just didn't happen after day 5! So yes, @Jillian McCall and @Deniseb2000 I'd love the support from everyone and to similarly offer support if that works?!

I started today April 15! I will join this thread.

It is my second whole30, I did it in June 2017.

I LOVED doing it, and felt great.

But I fell off the wagon too quickly and slipped back into all my old eating habits....

unfortunately gained back all the weight I lost (12 pounds).

I hope to jumpstart the weight loss, get back into good habits, and be much more careful with reintroduction this time.

so far today had  a nice breakfast - salad, tahini, an egg and some nuts sprinkled on top.

I don't have lunch planned yet, but there is compliant chicken leftovers from yesterday in the fridge so that will be the base.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Kaylee1 said:

so far today had  a nice breakfast - salad, tahini, an egg and some nuts sprinkled on top.

I'm not sure what was in your salad, but if eggs were the only protein you had, remember that a serving of eggs is as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand -- likely 3-4 for most women, possibly more. Tahini and other nuts/seeds or products made from them would be considered a fat for Whole30 purposes, not protein. If your salad had some meat of some kind in it, the one egg might have been enough combined with that.

13 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

I'm not sure what was in your salad, but if eggs were the only protein you had, remember that a serving of eggs is as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand -- likely 3-4 for most women, possibly more. Tahini and other nuts/seeds or products made from them would be considered a fat for Whole30 purposes, not protein. If your salad had some meat of some kind in it, the one egg might have been enough combined with that.

Thank you for your help! Yes, it was only one egg , and that was all the protein I had for breakfast. I will make sure to add more for next time. I was quite hungry when lunchtime came around (a quarter of chicken and vegetable soup)

Today's breakfast was salad and tuna, and an apple. 

Breakfast for me was eggs and tomato with tons of ghee, not sure how many eggs as I was eating leftovers. I ate a can of mackerel too (my son loves it so I shared with him). Then a large mug of black tea with collagen (the "collagen peptides" powder) and lots of coconut cream.

Hi! I'm starting today as well so I'd very much love to join this group for support and camaraderie! I successfully completed a Whole43 back in September of last year and, like some of you, have also attempted a few (or more) others. 

I'm 32, engaged, live in Tahoe and live an active life with lots of hiking, mountain biking and climbing, all with my fiance and two wonderfully adorable pups! I'm here because I eat terribly and have a whole mouth full of sweet teeth! My primary goal is long-term health. I want to be 70-years old someday and still able to do all the outdoor things I love. Secondary goals are energy gains (I'm tired all the time) and weight loss. 

Anyway, best of luck on Day 1 everyone! I look forward to the journey together!

Hi Kirbz! I'm from Oakland and I loooove Tahoe, how wonderful you get to live there year-round. I used to have a brutal and untamed sweet tooth, and it is so much better now. I will say the biggest reason I started the whole30 in the first place was hoping for better/steadier energy and my GOSH does it deliver in that department! However, I found I have to focus on high protein/high fat and low sugar to feel my best. Though white and sweet potatoes seem to be ok for me, and other carb-rich vegetables, fruit tanks my energy like crazy (which makes me sad cause I looove it). In the summertime I'll indulge in local, in-season fruit (think the blueberries in our back yard!) from time to time but overall I feel amazing when I really prioritize eating tons of fat. It's the only thing that keeps me full for hours at a time, too.

I am really glad to be on day 1 and just starting this already. How's everyone feeling today?

Hi everyone :) Day one here too! @Kirbz, I think it was the support and encouragement from our group in September that has motivated me to come back - I also have a killer sweet tooth and while my general diet is largely ok (mostly paleo, until its absolutely not!), I tend to eat candy and ice cream like it's going out of fashion. I'm really hoping to get things under control with this Whole30 and hopefully have a more patient reintroduction phase.

Today has been good, I've focused on preparing the food from my big shopping haul over the weekend - I had a salad for breakfast, and then an omelette with turkey and spinach, and a side of avocado for lunch. Feeling the 3pm slump a little now but getting excited about dinner of fresh salmon and asparagus later! And yes, @KTH1010 I'm all about the hot tea today :)

Hope everyone else is doing well :) 

Hi everyone! Day 2! How are y'all doing? 

@SineadMon How lovely to see you here again! I definitely agree that we had a wonderful group for our first round and they played a big role in helping me push through! Sadly, I completely fell off the rails by the beginning of the year. I was back to fast food and junk food and all the things that are so, so bad for us. But, I am determined to do this until it sticks! And I hope that's this time! :-) 

@KTH1010 Tahoe is a pretty spectacular place and I definitely consider myself lucky to be able to live there! Thanks for sharing your success stories with previous Whole30s. Those are always fun to read! 

Does anyone have any delicious meals or recipes they've had so far? I'd very much love to hear about them! I'll share some of my favorites soon! 

Anyway, have a lovely day! 

Hi all... starting day 3 here. I found yesterday really tough.. mainly because there was an unexpected event at work and there was loads of cookies and cake!!!! I resisted, but man it was hard. Especially that voice that kept saying "you're only on day 2".

In terms of recipes, I tend not to be very adventurous with food and like to keep it simple. For example, last night I had an omelette on some arugula with smashed avocado. I always love have breakfast food for dinner!!!

@Mamabear1128 I really struggle with evening snacking.. even when I'm not hungry!!! It's like a habit at this stage and even when I don't eat anything, I still know that feeling is there. Some suggestions that I use is (a) don't think about it - like don't give the snacking feelings any more thoughts, (b) now that the evenings are a bit longer try to go do something like a walk or even just prepare your clothes and bag for the next day, (c) plan a really lovely hour of tv, candles and herbal tea... or candles, a bath and a face mask.. something that you will look forward to more than the snacking and also something that will help you sleep! They're just some of my suggestions but you have to find what works for you and your family

@SineadMon Congrats on making it through the temptation at work! It may only be Day 2, but if we don't start now, when will we start!? That's a great breakthrough! :-) 

I definitely have a lot of challenges coming up myself. I have a birthday party for a friend on Saturday. I have a super long day of travel and an all-day conference next Tuesday. I'm possibly car camping next weekend. I'm road-tripping to Moab, UT and car-camping the following weekend. And I'm backpacking just a few days after our 30 days is up. I thought about not starting but, every day that I eat healthy, is a good day. So I'm starting and I'll do my best to make it work! 

@Mamabear1128 I definitely agree that you should try to come up with some other ritual for the times you know you get the evening munchies. Replace that time with something else that is meaningful or fun or just for you! Something I do that helps when I start is I tend to eat really big meals. I probably over-eat a little for the first few days just to make sure I'm not hungry. Because it's hard enough to have to deal with giving up things I enjoy without being hungry too! 

Have a wonderful day! 

On 4/15/2018 at 5:34 AM, Kaylee1 said:

I started today April 15! I will join this thread.

It is my second whole30, I did it in June 2017.

I LOVED doing it, and felt great.

But I fell off the wagon too quickly and slipped back into all my old eating habits....

unfortunately gained back all the weight I lost (12 pounds).

I hope to jumpstart the weight loss, get back into good habits, and be much more careful with reintroduction this time.

I don't have lunch planned yet, but there is compliant chicken leftovers from yesterday in the fridge so that will be the base.

I started April 14. Where can I ask questions? Is there a better place? I’m new and 5 days in.very tired. Can’t get good night sleep.  Made a yucky dinner of wild salmon squash that was in a bag you microwave. Tomato with homemade mao was good. Don’t want to each anymore as had a big lunch of hog fish and Brussels sprouts

Hi @Bootsie1947! You're more than welcome to ask questions here. However, probably only the people following this thread will see it. If you'd like to ask a question to the broader group, you may want to start a new thread. 

But, for us, feel free to ask your questions!

I'm on Day 3 and already tired of all the meal planning and preparation so I can definitely relate. I do enjoy the meals I've been cooking though.

I wish you better luck enjoying your meals! 

Archived