Starting on Monday! April 16th

Jillian McCall

Hi everyone.. Day 4 here! Feeling good - I wanted to stay in bed longer but knew I had to get up. Maybe it's an early start of the"kill all things" period!

Welcome @Bootsie1947 - from my experience on this forum, wherever you ask questions, they are generally well answered.. either by others doing a Whole30, the administrators or those with more experience from multiple W30s.

I am also a bit food bored already... My dinner last night was a beautiful, colorful plate of chicken and vegetables, it looked gorgeous but I really couldn't taste any flavor at all. I do remember going through this (and also a phase of just not wanted to eat anything at all) during the last W30 so maybe that's it. Anyway, another morning with scrambled egg and arugula salad :) 

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Linda333 said:

Going to a friends for sushi but I can’t have sushi. Thinking about getting a small burger wrapped in lettuce? Or eat when I get home at 9?? 

You'll want to double check with the particular restaurant you're going to, but I know there has been discussion about this before -- google Whole30 sushi restaurant and you should find past discussions.

If you're not sure if you'll be able to find anything you can have, you might want to take something to have before you get there, just so you're not super hungry while you're there. 

@Linda333 Sashimi is the best option I've found for sushi events. Are you going to a sushi restaurant where you could get sashimi? 

Definitely take/get something and don't wait! You don't want to have to battle a situation of temptation on an empty stomach! 

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes. 

@Linda333 Congrats on making it through a tempting sushi dinner and staying compliant! That's a big achievement! Woo woo! 

@Beans21 Of course you're welcome to join! The more the better as far as I'm concerned! That means more people to share experiences, encouragement, wisdom, and recipes! :-) How have your first five days been?

I'm doing well. I've been struggling with breakfast and have opted to sleep in rather than get up and make breakfast on two days, so I definitely need to change that. Otherwise, things are going well. I even started some exercise yesterday. I went trail running last night and on a hike with the pups this morning. So far so good! :-) 

How is everyone else?

On 4/14/2018 at 12:12 PM, KTH1010 said:

Hello! I will be starting on Monday, too. I have completed 2 whole30s and attempted about 3,000 others. So this will be my third FULL whole30 :)

I eat mostly paleo but absolutely binge on dairy (cheese!!!) and I get myself stuck in that frustrating cycle of eating compliant until like 5pm after which I go off the rails like crazy. Then start fresh the next morning and repeat the pattern.

I am also weaning myself off caffeine due to severe anxiety/insomnia/general twitchiness (yikes). I have done this before and feel worlds better and I also know that the systemic support of the whole30 will help me tremendously, as I have SO much more energy and feel overall more upbeat and positive when I'm doing a whole30.

I'm really looking forward to doing this again. What are other people doing to prepare? I'm cutting out grain/sugars/dairy and eating compliant ingredients for the days leading up to Monday.

Congrats on your past and new Whole30 @KTH1010!

Just wanted to chime in here on the coffee/caffeine. Big kudos and props to you for embarking on that challenge too.

I'm on my 3rd week of Whole30, and planning to do another round of Whole30 in May and focusing on weaning completely off of caffeine, basically going to 100% decaf coffee and herbal tea. I have cut way back from past crazy consumption (mostly to combat chronic depression and insomnia -- yeah, I know it's a vicious cycle: coffee-sleeplessness-coffee repeat). I chose not to cut out caffeine on this first Whole30 so as not to fight sugar AND caffeine withdrawal. 

Good luck with your new Whole30, you can do it!

• Moderators
On April 18, 2018 at 5:46 PM, kirbz said:

Hi @Bootsie1947! You're more than welcome to ask questions here. However, probably only the people following this thread will see it. If you'd like to ask a question to the broader group, you may want to start a new thread. 

But, for us, feel free to ask your questions!

I'm on Day 3 and already tired of all the meal planning and preparation so I can definitely relate. I do enjoy the meals I've been cooking though.

I wish you better luck enjoying your meals! 

The moderators here read 99.9% of the posts (each of us individually so combined, they all get read), so you guys feel free to ask any questions you like and we'll find ya ;) 

On Thursday I bought a large amount of chopped meat, turkey and chicken.

Then I took out my food processor and put in onions, zucchini, and carrots, and pulsed it until it was a paste.

I combined it all, plus some eggs and tomato paste to hold it together.

I made 3 different meals out of it!

1) meatballs

2) sauteed

3) meatloaf

Hi guys... we're almost into week 2! Amazing!!!! I found Thursday evening quite tough. I think coming into the weekend and starting to wind down from a crazy week it nearly felt like i 'deserved' to eat takeout with a glass of wine and some ice cream. But I chose to have a relaxing bath and an early night which really helped to (a) distract me from the cravings and (b) get a restful nights sleep which is really what I needed.

@Linda333 Good work on the sushi party! I know last month I attempted a W30 (had signed up to the forum and everything!) and then I went to my friends housewarming party and was pretty good, but not totally compliant and completely fell off the wagon. So much so that it took me a month to come back to the decision again!

@kirbz Delighted your out hiking! I really want to fit in some more exercise this week. I went for a beautiful long walk yesterday and it felt so nice. Hopefully I can up the tempo this week a bit more.

@Beans21 Welcome!! So great to have more people on board :) 

@suzannes that is incredible re caffeine.. I don't drink coffee but I can't survive would breakfast tea.. in fact, generally on W30, my tea becomes my treat!!!! 

Have a great weekend everyone! Off to shop and meal prep for the week! 

Still on track! The weekend was hard. I wasn’t really craving food so much but I am used to having a couple of drinks on the weekend. Felt very deprived. But made it! I am starting to feel less tired and I can feel the weight loss. This is exciting! 

Archived