Heavy flow of period

Heriona

Hello friends,

I am on day 16 of Whole30.  Two days ago I got my period earlier (3-4 days) than anticipated.  My flow has been so much heavier than usual.  I even have some thick blood clumps that I usually don't get.  There is definitely a change in hormones, that's obvious , but is this normal as this does not feel normal to me.  Also my hunger has been crazy.  Yesterday i ate breakfast at 8:30 and then again in two hours and again at noon feeling empty and hungry every time.  My sleep has not been good either.  I fall asleep but then I wake up , however in the morning I wake up fine with more energy than before Whole30.   Could it be b/c of my heavy period?  Any body knows what's going on?  These past two days have been very trying for me.  I am almost pulling the plug.  A couple of my friends that have done Whole30 say that Whole30 actually regulated their periods . 

• Moderators

There's a pinned post at the top of this subforum that has a lot of the information you'er seeking... 

Hormone regulation doesn't always look the same for everyone and for some people it includes heavier periods... if you're very concerned I would go see your doctor as no one here is a health professional and we cannot give medical advice.  Have a read through the thread I've linked as it will discuss also your extra hunger which is normal when a body is trying to prepare for making and keeping a new human.

Archived